Onkyo HT-S5100

The specs are good,BTW did u audition this?
What price quote did u get for this?
Vj

yes i have seen this in e-zone, mumbai

the cost is coming to 40 thousand.....and loved the sound and look

any other suggestion..pls let me know as i am planning to finalise today

Well,since u like it,just go ahead and get it !:)
Personal satisfaction is the most important factor here,then comes all other.
I have also seen this model in e-zone here,this one will be really good for movie exp,but don't expect too much on the music front.
It has a very good technology called Audyssey,and it seems they also give u a Ipod Dock station with this.If you just need a good movie exp in home,with out burning a lotta money,then this one is yours.
But I will also recommend u to wait for a while,while our members here,will come up with valuable suggestions and recommendations.
Vj

Last edited:
oh dont tell me only movies...

i am looking for both music and movies...which onkyo model is good....

pls let me know

Hey,then i guess you need to clearly mention your budget,taste,the area for setup etc.Only then any member here can help you.
and also reconsider the option of 7.1,do you really need it.R u gonna bring in any HD content in to the setup?Bluray player,ps3 etc?
If not You can have a great Setup with 5.1.
HTIB s are pretty easy to setup with out any hassles.If you go for the component setup,you will have tonnes of options,where you buy the receiver,speakers,subs etc as separate.As far as i have seen HTIBs,they are pretty good for the movie exp,as i mentioned earlier.If you are so particular about Musical treat,then you will have to go for the other option.
In the mean time,i will highly recommend you to keep Auditioning various systems,in the budget you have for now.You can try packages from JBL-HK,which will be good for music also.
Finally Patience,Hold it for some,which will let you pick up the best system.

HaveFun
Vj

I have

LCD TV: LG60 Scarlet 42inch:)
DVD : Philip DVD latest player (HDMI + USB) :)
A/V : finalized on 7.1 HDMI Onkyo HT-S5100 :confused: (but will prefer for
onkyo) budget is not an issue for me..but require best and only onkyo.

A/V: i am looking for music and movies too:cool:

pls suggest

I have

LCD TV: LG60 Scarlet 42inch:)
DVD : Philip DVD latest player (HDMI + USB) :)
A/V : finalized on 7.1 HDMI Onkyo HT-S5100 :confused: (but will prefer for
onkyo) budget is not an issue for me..but require best and only onkyo.

A/V: i am looking for music and movies too:cool:

pls suggest

Hi girl21,
The Onkyo 5100 is a very very good HTiB from onkyo.Infact it's the successor of the famous HT SR-800, which has a lot of rave reviews internationally.The spec of the model is similar except the 10" Subwoofer's power has upped to 290W from 230W rms of the earlier model.
HDMI has got only Pass through, so no Upscale capability.I think your dvd player can take care of it.
The Audio section of this receiver is strong.The spec are so similar to the another famous budget model the TX SR-505.
This receiver can drive floor standing speaker very efficiently.So in time if you want to improve the music performance of the setup just get a good book-shelf or Floorstanders.

the cost is coming to 40 thousand.....and loved the sound and look

any other suggestion..pls let me know as i am planning to finalise today

And since you love it & can afford it ,then you must have it;). And the look of the speaker will go well with the Scarlet.:p

But just one advise Please audition it with lots of music & movies that you like and see whether the sound & effect is upto you expectations.And take your time while auditioning it.

Just for news Onkyo may bring the new 9100 very soon which is the successor of the worlds first THX Certified HTiB the SR-990.This model too has got THX certification.
But the cost will be very high though.

One more thing please try to audition other brands in the similar price range.
ProFx offers Denon+ Polk package
I've seen onkyo + jamo combi in this forum.
Marantz + Mordaunt short.
Cambridge Audio + MS.etc...

with best wishes,
Samuel:cool:

Well,well So you Just need Onkyo!Such a bondage to that company:)
Just Kidding,Any way coming back to the point,How abt the option of a good 7.1 A/v receiver(probably the 606)with all the latest A/V features.Which will team up well with all the latest players out there.
probably try the Elac series,i have seen them performing well for music too,or any way u have other options like,polkaudio,jamo etc.
This should work well when budget is not a problem for u.I would recommend the Onkyo 606 and the Elac combination,which i have auditioned,and u will have a good movie and music exp.

Vj

Onkyo HT-S5100 is with HDMI......pls suggest or email me

================================================

Well,well So you Just need Onkyo!Such a bondage to that company:)
Just Kidding,Any way coming back to the point,How abt the option of a good 7.1 A/v receiver(probably the 606)with all the latest A/V features.Which will team up well with all the latest players out there.
probably try the Elac series,i have seen them performing well for music too,or any way u have other options like,polkaudio,jamo etc.
This should work well when budget is not a problem for u.I would recommend the Onkyo 606 and the Elac combination,which i have auditioned,and u will have a good movie and music exp.

Vj

Guess am done with suggestions.
If you have personally auditioned the system with movies and music and u like it,nothing should block u from getting it.
"Just go get it!" is all what i can say!
PM me for any further clarifications.

Vj

Hello with a basic review of Onkyo HT-S5100

Hi to all audio/video enthusiast. I joined this forum in search of information for Home theatre system and this proved good for me.

Last week i bought the HTS 5100. My requirement was a good value for money home theater system and the HTS 5100 came by. I am not an audio enthusiast so I can't give a detailed review but overall I liked the system. It has three HDMI input (passthough) which serves the connectivity. I installed it in my drawing room and has to hook the speakers at a height of 8 ft, which is not recommended but since I had no option left I had to do that.

It sounds good both for music and movie. when compared to denon ( had 5.1 setup with Jamo speakers) at the time of demo, i found this better for movies and denon was better for music.

overall i am satisfied with my decision. one point i forgot to mention th ipod dock which is good to have feature as you can control your ipod with remote.

Re: Hello with a basic review of Onkyo HT-S5100

Thanks very much.....:) my HTS 5100 is on way

where did u purchase from????? are u in mumbai???

Hi to all audio/video enthusiast. I joined this forum in search of information for Home theatre system and this proved good for me.

Last week i bought the HTS 5100. My requirement was a good value for money home theater system and the HTS 5100 came by. I am not an audio enthusiast so I can't give a detailed review but overall I liked the system. It has three HDMI input (passthough) which serves the connectivity. I installed it in my drawing room and has to hook the speakers at a height of 8 ft, which is not recommended but since I had no option left I had to do that.

It sounds good both for music and movie. when compared to denon ( had 5.1 setup with Jamo speakers) at the time of demo, i found this better for movies and denon was better for music.

overall i am satisfied with my decision. one point i forgot to mention th ipod dock which is good to have feature as you can control your ipod with remote.

Re: Hello with a basic review of Onkyo HT-S5100

Thanks very much.....:) my HTS 5100 is on way

where did u purchase from????? are u in mumbai???

I am in delhi and purchased from Reliance Digital. Cost was 39900 minus additional 2.5% discount.

Back