Onkyo HTS-3100 - Speaker Upgrade

ash, many thanks for your reply. I would be very interested in getting advice from Mr Iyer. Would be very helpful if you could share his contact information.

I am not particularly keen on pre owned speakers as of now but might consider this at a later stage.

Also, do you mind telling me what has been your solution to this situation from research that you might have done .

Many Thanks
Nitin

Man I wish I had done enough research before buying the 3100.

No worries buddy...You are in the right place & upgrade path...You will slowly get to know what to look for in a speaker & amplifier....

I had upgraded from Onkyo HTS-670 HTIB (5.1) to Onkyo HTS-790 HTIB (7.1) 7 years back without knowing that seperate components exist...:sad: Had i known there was good affordable speakers, i wouldn have never upgraded to HTIB again from HTIB...

This forum was an eye opener for me when i joined 3 yrs back....the current setup that i have was planned & in a phased manner....I couldn't afford all @ once. So bought one by one...

If you are looking for a FS, you can also consider Sonodyne Sonus 2605....

Sonodyne Electronics Co. Pvt. Ltd.
Asian house, Plot no D-7/1, 2nd floor, Road no.16, MIDC, Andheri (E) Mumbai 400093 Tel: +91 22 28353024

Good Luck buddy :)

Thanks man....i guess better late than never. I am kind of in the same spot since I really can not think of buying everything in one go. Hence am looking to upgrade piecemeal.

Will certainly look at the sonodyne as well but I was sort of hooked on the looks of vardus 400.

Lolz....this seems like a common story. So prosenjit, you have a 3400, not that different from mine (albeit better)......have you considered upgrading the speakers?

Lolz....this seems like a common story. So prosenjit, you have a 3400, not that different from mine (albeit better)......have you considered upgrading the speakers?

Probably an other reason is because we didn't have google search those days & a PC @ home....

Stumbled upon this post while searching for a speaker upgrade for my Onkyo HTS3100 too (its now an 8 year old system) but seems the post is dead since 2013...

Just to catch up on the final updates and inputs from Nitin so which speakers did you finally upgraded to? vardus 400 or some other ? also from where.. I was looking at BS/FS the wharfedale Diamond series has caught my attention and plan to audition it in a couple of days..
Let me know so i can being my Search too :)
thanks
Aniket

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back