Onkyo HTS 3400 - ARC

sapphire903

Hello All,

I have recently bought Onkyo HTS 3400 and fiddling around with it.

Right now, the connections are as below

WD TV Live Plus, Set Top Box and Wii are connected through Composite Cables (because Onkyo doesnt convert between signals) to the receivers.

The video is transferred through the receiver to TV through composite video (yellow cable). I am using HDMI out to TV (for the AVR setup display).

Right now, I switch the source through Onkyo Remote.

I would like to know whether that is the right way to use the AVR - any ideas with further optimization and improvement in quality are welcome :)

How do I set up the ARC (I have a Sony Bravia 40S550A)

Any help, and pointers to a quick guide would be appreciated.

Cheers

WD TV Live Plus, Set Top Box and Wii are connected through Composite Cables (because Onkyo doesnt convert between signals) to the receivers.

The video is transferred through the receiver to TV through composite video (yellow cable). I am using HDMI out to TV (for the AVR setup display).
No need to pass the video of WD TV Live Plus, Set Top Box and Wii through the AVR. Requires double the number of cables without having any advantages. Just connect them directly to the TV.

How do I set up the ARC (I have a Sony Bravia 40S550A)
Most ARC capable TVs have a specific HDMI IN port for ARC. Read the manual to figure out which one is it. Then connect that HDMI IN port of the TV to the HDMI OUT of HT-S3400.

No need to pass the video of ..... the AVR. Requires double the number of cables without having any advantages.

Well, works out the same - three sets of cables for three devices, if they go to TV, I need to input audio to AVR, because I have not been able to use ARC yet, once I am able to do it, then yes, may be it makes sense.

But in that case, instead of changing the source from AVR, I will have change the source from TV, and I guess, I may not be able to have custom set up for each input source in AVR.

Most ARC capable TVs have a specific HDMI IN port for ARC.

Read the manual, umpteen times, I am not sure if the TV is ARC capable - will check again though, despite having 4 HDMI ports on the TV.

Thanks a lot.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back