Onkyo SR506 7.1 AV receiver

gap g j

Hi

I found this receiver in sumaria.in few days back, the quote is 23K, has anyone using this receiver give me a review.

Thanking U in advance.

If you tell us what you need to know or what you are looking in this system we will give feedback. There are plenty of reviews of 506 in the net. Let us know your specific requirement so we can confuse you more (just kidding)

If you tell us what you need to know or what you are looking in this system we will give feedback. There are plenty of reviews of 506 in the net. Let us know your specific requirement so we can confuse you more (just kidding)

Thanks Madbullram

I want to know its performance, reliability and the price others have bought.

Its a decent AVR. What speakers are you pairing it with and what you hope to listen to for music?

90% I watch Movies, I don't know what speakers to pair with and I don't have a budget to buy great speakers or floorstanders. Initially I would like to buy some 5.1 packages consisting of satellite speakers. I have a Sony speakers which I'm thinking of pairing it as front speakers.

Hi,

Let us know your budget for speakers so that we can give you some options.

Thanks,
prakash

Thank u Prakash

I think I can spend around 15K, Somebody can also help me the current price of SR506 in ezone, rel digital, croma etc. Also let me know wether any combined packages with this AV receiver

Thank u in advance

regards
Gap G J

Last edited:
15K is too less for 5.1 :). But since you have front speakers already, would suggest you to go for Yamaha power cube subwoofer. I have seen it in Croma and price varies between 6 to 8K. You can go for wharfedale centre speaker WH2-C, and it costs 5 K. Still you have remaining 3 - 4 k which you can use for rears.

This way you can start with 5.1, and slowly replace sony fronts with wharfedale 9.1 or 9.5 depending on the budget.

One more way is that i have seen onkyo and yamaha selling fronts + centre as a package for for 7k or 8k. If you buy those then you will get timbre matching too.

Thanks,
Prakash

Thank you Prakash,

It is really an eyeopener for me, new ideas coming to me,

Thank you once again.

regards
Gap G J

Just reading through...

It is recommended to spend more on the speakers than on the AVR since the AVRs will need to be upgraded on a more regular basis especially with HD audio/video around the corner. Also, with your combined budget of around 40K you will enter the territory of pretty good HTIBs (separates of course) in Yamaha and Onkyo which give great performance and VFM too.

Thank you Prakash,

It is really an eyeopener for me, new ideas coming to me,

Thank you once again.

regards
Gap G J

If you have frt already,then bestway to by centre,surr package.
Yamaha has it starting from 10k.So you have 5.0 setup.

Thank your Spirovious,

Can you give any model no. so that I can search the web

regards
Gap G J

I tried Sumaria(it was there) but web has been updated & Yamaha spk are not available.
No prob,you can ask Yamaha dealor for centre ,surr package.
Wharf centre surr(diamond9) for 15k.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back