Onkyo SR506 - No sound output

ssurbi70

Hello Forum members,

Good day. I'm new on this forum.

I have a help to ask.
My current audio setup is a Onkyo SR-506 Receiver paired with Jamo S606 HCS 6 (all 6 ohms; 2 towers, 1 center and 2 surround speakers), have been using this setup for past ~10years no issues. The setup is bi-amped.
I have a mi-box (stereo out from this android tv box - to receiver as VCR input, and tata-sky DTH coax output connected to the receiver as cable-sat input).
Couple of weeks back, the sound output abruptly stopped.
I've done the following:
1. Done a reset as per the manual and redone the configs again - no sound still.
2. Removed all speaker wiring to check for any shorting and inputs, and re-connected only one of the speakers to check, still no sound.

Looking to your collective experience if you can help me with some pointers to trouble shoot the issue further OR should i just take the receiver to the Onkyo service center.

Regards,
Suresh
Bangalore

Same thing happened with my previous ONKYO....took it for service, they told me its a DSP board issue, which costs most of the percentage of the receiver iteself. So I had no other options but to scrap the system and get a new one.

Check whether u have accidently switched to Zone2 instead of main zone in AV receiver. It happened to me once , i accidently switched to zone2 and there were no sound then i realized AVR was on zone2.
Also switch to zone2 , connect speakers there and check. If the sound is not coming there even then time to get it serviced.

You may try some service shops in SP-road bangalore. I doubt ONKYO will do the service for this old amp + they will charge more.

Back