Onkyo TX-SR-608 stopped working while setting it up.

Sumanta

While setting up 7.1 speakers for my Onkyo TX SR-608, I mistakenly did not connect front right speaker positive wire. That wire probably was touching with -ve wire which I am not sure of.

While doing auto set up with the Onkyo supplied microphone, at the time of generating sound from right front speaker, actually somewhere from left a shrieking sound came out and the amp stopped. Mistakenly I tried it gain. and the same thing happened again. Then I checked speaker connection and found my connection mistake.

But, after that the AVR is showing the standby light only. It blinks when I switch on start button. LCD does not come to life. LCD does though come to life only when I switch to zone B and after a few seconds it switched off too.
There after the standby light cotinues blinking.

I tried clearing dust off it (it had much), I did try to dry it off as we have huge rain here in Baroda now.

I do not know any good repairing person for such AVR here in Baroda. Sending it somewhere else is the next option.

Please help me if any of you had been through this situation or know somebody reliable and good one who can help me out.
in Baroda or nearby.

My set is 2 years old and is set up like this for 2 times already without any problem.

Did you try unplugging the power cord from the wall socket and plugging it back in after 2-3 minutes then try to turn it on?
Dear John,

Sorry for not used net for some days in between.
I did try that but it is not working.

Sumanta

Back