online scammers???

sunnysharma

I came across an ad online for an electronic equipment and contacted the seller via e mail. He replied back quoting the price and told me if i wanted the product i need to deposit cash via western union money transfer or a bank transfer. I mailed him back asking him about his company details, he replied saying his caompany and it was listed on ukdata.com. I checked and found the company listed there, then i called on the number provided and spoke to him.
Whats do u you guys think, is he a scammer or genuine?? Is bank transfer safe??? Let me know your thoughts as i am a novice here.

why you are hiding other details?
1) Company name
2) Company location and country
3) URL
4) Product URL
5) Pricing offered vs appx market price
6) Company's contact mail ..like company uses its own domain namre or Hotmail or gmail

Just type companys name followed by word Fraud or Cheats in google. see if you get any results and check contents,then please write here detailed modified findings

Hemant

I came across an ad online for an electronic equipment and contacted the seller via e mail. He replied back quoting the price and told me if i wanted the product i need to deposit cash via western union money transfer or a bank transfer. I mailed him back asking him about his company details, he replied saying his caompany and it was listed on ukdata.com. I checked and found the company listed there, then i called on the number provided and spoke to him.
Whats do u you guys think, is he a scammer or genuine?? Is bank transfer safe??? Let me know your thoughts as i am a novice here.

Most companies that do business online would accept credit / debit card payments and many of them accept PayPal transfers. I stay away from any business that asks for payments ONLY through Western Union transfers because Western Union is the most riskiest form of paying for any purchase. In Western Union transfers, you the sender are responsible for providing the correct information and Western Union does not take any responsibility once the money is taken out by the receiver.

There are a lot of online scam websites, especially from China promising to deliver name brand items at 25% - 50% of their retail value. The sites would be well designed but if you pay close attention, they would not offer any contact number and they would use hotmail or gmail domains.

Hemantwaghe has given some pretty good pointers - check them and let us know.

Western Union does not allow you send money out of India due to certain RBI rules.... So, you can't transact with this company anyhow....

If you do, it will HAVE to be thru paypal, or direct bank transfer...

Hmmmm...bank transfer does sound risky......The company name is tel com trading ltd and they are based out of UK.....the ad was for iphone 4 unlocked and the asking price is 500 dollars about 25k in rupees...and the mail was via hotmail and not company name....therefore from the above suggestions i conclude that this person is not genuine. Thank you guys for the advice.

Hi,

Good that you shared it here, it is a clear case of spam. I have already mentioned in my one of posts about an incident where my colleague was about to be victimized and I saved him just on time.

Cheers!

Hmmmm...bank transfer does sound risky......The company name is tel com trading ltd and they are based out of UK.....the ad was for iphone 4 unlocked and the asking price is 500 dollars about 25k in rupees...and the mail was via hotmail and not company name....therefore from the above suggestions i conclude that this person is not genuine. Thank you guys for the advice.

How can we be fools to even believe such fraudsters amd mail them. I mean this is happening since years, not that this is anything new

I just wanted to clear my doubts, and thanks to this forum and members its cleared now, because often we see a too good to be true offer and get attracted but ofcourse life ain't that good, is it??....lol

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back