Op-Amp Rolling

audiodelic

Any members with experience using different op amps in their dacs ?

view and discussion ....

Interesting thread,
I have read abt changed opsamp in DVDp,Norge amp and so on.
Let them respond...

Any members with experience using different op amps in their dacs ?

view and discussion ....

Yes, I have tried two types of opamps in my MHDT Paradisea.

LM4562 and BB OPA2107AP .

The 2107 has more weight and bold LF, Less detail & slightly muddy.

But I like LM4562 which has inner resolution, detail in HF, decay.

Thank you,
sunder.

AT our coll we use LM741 for amplifying the signals.Input were from function generator and the out were seen on the screen of CRO.i regret that i didnt played around with audio. :(

Yes, I have tried two types of opamps in my MHDT Paradisea.

LM4562 and BB OPA2107AP .

The 2107 has more weight and bold LF, Less detail & slightly muddy.

But I like LM4562 which has inner resolution, detail in HF, decay.

Thank you,
sunder.

The beresford caiman also uses the LM4562. The hf is very smooth, mids are almost 3 dimensional and forward but it lacks a little weight and heft in the bass although the bass is quite precise.

I want to try the TI OPA2132 in my Caiman. Obviously i will need someone's help..... Any diyer's in Delhi NCR area ?

I think the Caiman uses the 8-pin DIP socket for the OPAMPs (based on gut-pics from theartofsound.net forum) so you can actually plug-and-play. You just need to source the OPAMP (make sure it is a "dual" model).

Linky: Caiman Mods - Page 3 - The Art of Sound Forum
Scroll down to post #24, made by Stanley, to see the pic I'm talking about.

The folks at theartofsound.net have a lot of detailed threads on Caiman Mods. I've been spending most of my free time going thought them over the last week or so. 99% of it goes above my head -- I'm a total non-techie -- but it is interesting to know what is possible.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back