Opinion on Ascendo SV 12 Subwoofer

amit_s

Hi,

Recently I heard Ascendo SV 12, was very much impressed by it's sound. Even though it's ported, I found it much cleaner and controlled than Emotiva SE12. I haven't noticed much discussion about it here, just wanted to check if anyone is already using it, how has been the experience? It got voted as best subwoofer under $2000 in by AVS forum https://www.avsforum.com/threads/avs-forum-best-of-2021-awards.3230372/

Thanks,
Amit

prateekatasniya

Hi,

Recently I heard Ascendo SV 12, was very much impressed by it's sound. Even though it's ported, I found it much cleaner and controlled than Emotiva SE12. I haven't noticed much discussion about it here, just wanted to check if anyone is already using it, how has been the experience? It got voted as best subwoofer under $2000 in by AVS forum https://www.avsforum.com/threads/avs-forum-best-of-2021-awards.3230372/

Thanks,
Amit
I have installed it in one of my projects.. room volume was around 2500cuft.
Placed at the centre of the front wall.

It is actually very good..
Loads of power and less distortion.
And please note that it was properly calibrated.

Basically the design idea is good. They didn't aim to tune the sub very low like other subwoofers brands which I don't want to name.

amit_s

I have installed it in one of my projects.. room volume was around 2500cuft.
Placed at the centre of the front wall.

It is actually very good..
Loads of power and less distortion.
And please note that it was properly calibrated.

Basically the design idea is good. They didn't aim to tune the sub very low like other subwoofers brands which I don't want to name.
Is it very sensitive to placement? I will placing it next to corner side wall, that's the only place I have in my living room. By calibration you mean adjusting phase, cuttoff frequency and volume or some kind of DSP?

Thanks

prateekatasniya

Is it very sensitive to placement? I will placing it next to corner side wall, that's the only place I have in my living room. By calibration you mean adjusting phase, cuttoff frequency and volume or some kind of DSP?

Thanks
All the subwoofers are sensitive to position..
Basically bass is sensitive to position.
DSP and right volume level of subwoofer relative to the speakers along with the other aspects you mentioned

Perfect for audiophiles wanting both excellent music quality and flexible operation.