opinions regarding lithos speakers

I have serious doubts on this brand. It seems that they have no plans to market or sell their products. It has been years and no signs of improvement on accounts of demo, customer interation etc.

How do they want us to buy the speakers? By looking into pictures in their website? By looking into the pricelist they send through mail? By talking trough phone?

Every once in a while there come a owner of lithos telling how good the speakers are and that indian customers are not appreciating home grown innovation. Let me ask, who is at fault here? Who will go to mumbai from corners of india just for a demo? How long it takes to partenership with ONE multi-brand showroom (croma?) in each metro and send ONE demo piece for enabling in-place demo?

They get the buzz going by displaying technology in papers in the website and after that? Thats all. They do not convert the buzz into sales ever!

People interested in high-end audio are picky and are concenterated in metros. Nobody buys a speaker set without demos. Until they partener with showrooms and are willing to distribute demo pieces, there is no use talking about them.

Forget a global brand, become visible in India first!

I heard lithos Noa-1 and frankly I was not impressed. I thought the satellites sounded a little metallic. Must ave been the metal (unfilled) speaker stands.
Not to my liking really.

Regards

@Blasto,
After some introspection, I was convinced the defects I heard in Noa-1 were due to the thin metal pipe stands and I am yet another listener who will readily recommend Noa-1 as a beginner system for music+HT. I can vouch for all the good things other people have said about this product including the natural fatigue free easy listening sound. I saw the Hell Freezes over DVD with this one.

Lithos may not have a marketing model or the business planning of a corporate, but I think you should not dismiss end-user reports so easily - while your healthy skepticism is fine though.

Maybe a country wide dealer network might help this company market its product better.

-G0bble

Blasto@ yea, I kind of agree with you. I keep on hearing that product is outstanding, but in the absence of auditioning , how does one buy? As they say , "Jo Dikhta hai, vo bikta hai", in audio world, "Jo sunta hai, vo Bikta hai".

What these niche companies have to do is enhance their marketing efforts, and what better than making these products available for auditioning, but it is easier said than done.

Let's wait for Venkat view, if he knows more about them. ( i dont know how to ensure that he checks the thread, other than PM)

Cheers,

@Blasto,
After some introspection, I was convinced the defects I heard in Noa-1 were due to the thin metal pipe stands and I am yet another listener who will readily recommend Noa-1 as a beginner system for music+HT. I can vouch for all the good things other people have said about this product including the natural fatigue free easy listening sound. I saw the Hell Freezes over DVD with this one.

Lithos may not have a marketing model or the business planning of a corporate, but I think you should not dismiss end-user reports so easily - while your healthy skepticism is fine though.

Maybe a country wide dealer network might help this company market its product better.

-G0bble

@Gobble.
Iam not sure why you addressed your post to me..
I was not even talking about how good or bad the product is.

Iam talking about the audition part itself.

They spend time and money and claim to have made good speakers, but how good is the speaker when you cannot audition them? Iam talking about one demo set per metro city. That is not hard IMO. Definetely not harder than making a hi-fi speaker or making a website claiming world class.

BTW, I did not dismiss any user reports. I only dismiss the claim that indian customers do not entertain homegrown innovation. I say, first expose them to the innovation and then let us see.

Blasto@ yea, I kind of agree with you. I keep on hearing that product is outstanding, but in the absence of auditioning , how does one buy? As they say , "Jo Dikhta hai, vo bikta hai", in audio world, "Jo sunta hai, vo Bikta hai".

What these niche companies have to do is enhance their marketing efforts, and what better than making these products available for auditioning, but it is easier said than done.

Let's wait for Venkat view, if he knows more about them. ( i dont know how to ensure that he checks the thread, other than PM)

Cheers,

Heh heh.. You responded to a 2 year old post and are expecting reply.. :D
Iam sure he would have forgoten by now, even if he had a big enough demo.. ;)

Heh heh.. You responded to a 2 year old post and are expecting reply.. :D
Iam sure he would have forgoten by now, even if he had a big enough demo.. ;)

:) You see, beggars can't be choosers. I am very seriously considering buying them, so trying to put pieces together, cant fly to Mumbai, for their sake.

Cheers,

I have serious doubts on this brand. It seems that they have no plans to market or sell their products. It has been years and no signs of improvement on accounts of demo, customer interation etc......

Forget a global brand, become visible in India first!

Blasto, at the end of the day, it is a question that only Rajiv can answer. At the same time, please remember, Rajiv may not be interested in a country wide sale, leave alone a global sale. There are lots of such boutique manufacturers, not only in India, but elsewhere in the world. Many of these manufacturers are one man shows and they hardly have time beyond their day to day affairs to look at expansion. If they do plan on expansion, there is the question of investment, and ROI.

For us as end users, these companies do provide value as their costs are low. We have to may for production costs and production margin, and the complete distribution costs is set aside. At the same time, we do have to take a little effort from our side to evaluate and buy these products. All this if you are interested. And, that is the value of friends and like minded people, and of course, forums like these.

That is how Net based companies such as Emotiva and other are thriving. At the end of the day, it all depends upon what kind of buyer you are.

Cheers

Parora, I have not heard them after the last time. I also visited Rajiv after reading glowing tributes on AV-Max. I did feel the tributes were justified.

In terms of price / value category, I would say that anyone looking at a sub/sat can boldly use the Lithos Noa1 and would be treated to good sound. I have not heard the Kontra, so I cannot comment.

Cheers

Parora, I have not heard them after the last time. I also visited Rajiv after reading glowing tributes on AV-Max. I did feel the tributes were justified.

In terms of price / value category, I would say that anyone looking at a sub/sat can boldly use the Lithos Noa1 and would be treated to good sound. I have not heard the Kontra, so I cannot comment.

Cheers

Thanks for responding, Venkat.

Claim by Rajeev is that his Noa1 sub/sat combo( its a 2.0 stereo setup, sub is passive) is better than any floor-stander in terms of performance at that price(and higher) point.

What do you think from this perspective?

Cheers,

Claim by Rajeev is that his Noa1 sub/sat combo( its a 2.0 stereo setup, sub is passive) is better than any floor-stander in terms of performance at that price(and higher) point.

A typical proud salesman doing a bit of overselling, maybe?

Cheers

Thanks for responding, Venkat.

Cheers,

Parora,

I advice you not to do a impulse purchase based on reviews. Below is my take.

Sub-sat combos do not have the same 'impact' as the floorstanders in the same price range. They specialize in fluid, immersive sound as opposed to full, powerful sound of the floor-standers. Ofcourse, when the price difference increases, everything changes.

I assume noa1s are in the ~20k range. There aren't many floorstanders in that range. Considerably good floorstanders start at around 30k. Bookshelves rule the area for pricing upto 20k. 20-30k is a grey area where you can find really good budget bookshelfs and mostly average floorstanders.

Given that, the claim could have been actually true. But I will be doubtful if the same claim is made with the contra range whose price fall in the range where the floor-standers rule.

Also, he could have been candid. :) There are surely bookshelfs which can match and probably better noa1s in the price range.

I am also considering the Kontra.. actually thinking of auditioning soon. so has anyone auditioned them and if yes how do they compare to similar costing Floorstanders or something like the Energy RC-50 or ATC SCM 11?

Last edited:
I am also considering the Kontra.. actually thinking of auditioning soon. so has anyone auditioned them and if yes how do they compare to similar costing Floorstanders or something like the Energy RC-50 or ATC SCM 11?

You tell us!! :eek:hyeah: since you are in a position to audition these.

Tip: When you weigh the benefits of these satellite sub combo vs FS also consider a 11ft by 4ft of real estate taken by the FS in your living room and calculate the rent/cost per sq.feet that you pay per year.

--G0bble

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back