OPPO DVD no longer available!!

I checked it last wk & found 980missing,so only few must be in market.
Manufacturers force us to buy new & sometimes expensive technology.

Today, i ordered an Oppo 981 through eBay for $160 + 63 bucks for shipping (the item displayed was listed as new), hoping to receive the player by second week of Dec 09.

Last edited:
Today, i ordered an Oppo 981 through eBay for $160 + 63 bugs for shipping (the item displayed was listed as new), hoping to receive the player by second week of Dec 09.

Which bugs did you ship to oppo? I hope they were not under the wildlife protection act ... :)

Cheers

Another fine example of manufacturers dictating technological progress and deciding what is right for the customer.

Blu Ray may be the future but definitely not worth the bomb the hardware costs at the moment...

Too bad .. I've been day dreaming about importing the 980H through VPost for too long ... :sad: Even while my half closed eyelids were twitching and the pupils dilating at hazy images of the Oppo floating in front of my eyes, the damn thing has vanished from the market!! 25K for the BDP is a big leap from 8K for the 980. :mad:

The wakeup pinch has been a little too hard ... :rolleyes:

Regards

Is it a case of the well wishers like on this forum and others across the world vouching for Oppo quality and value made them realize that they have an opportunity to move on to the higher segment than what they were pitching earlier.

Also that now thay have woken up to "Value Based Pricing" in case of BDP over the "Cost Plus pricing" on the DVDPs they have been following earlier and the initial response suggested that they can make bigger margins even with lesser units sold.

All in all it appears that they just got out of reach for many of us :mad:

I would say that this is a missed opportunity for Oppo.

Is it a case of the well wishers like on this forum and others across the world vouching for Oppo quality and value made them realize that they have an opportunity to move on to the higher segment than what they were pitching earlier.

Also that now thay have woken up to "Value Based Pricing" in case of BDP over the "Cost Plus pricing" on the DVDPs they have been following earlier and the initial response suggested that they can make bigger margins even with lesser units sold.

All in all it appears that they just got out of reach for many of us :mad:

I would say that this is a missed opportunity for Oppo.

Right said!
My next prediction _Pio 610 Out of production!! Or iy already is?

Another fine example of manufacturers dictating technological progress and deciding what is right for the customer.

Blu Ray may be the future but definitely not worth the bomb the hardware costs at the moment...
The s/w is pretty pricey too, apert from thr region issues.
I do agree, Oppo could have kept the 980 alive, there shld be a sizable market for it still.

Hi spi,
The 980H i think is still available at Singapore. If someone can bring it for you it may cost INR10k.

cheers,
sri

Back