Optical Input Speaker

tech426

Hi..

This is my first post in HV.

I want to purchase a HD dth (preferably Airtel HD or Dishtv TruHD), Samsung HD Monitor with HDMI,DVI input, and a 5.1 Speaker.

My system is having HDMI, DVI and spdif outputs. (Asus m4a785 td e vo motherboard).

The monitor is to be used as TV also. The connection i want to use between Monitor , DTH, 5.1 speaker is as follows.

1. HD Monitor is to be connected with Computer through DVI cable.
2. HD monitor is to be connected with DTH through HDMI Cable.
3. 5.1 speaker is to be connected with Computer/ DTH.

How can i use 5.1 speaker work with both Computer and DTH same time ?

Creative speakers like inspire t6200 or 6160 can be used same time for both Computer and DTH ?

Which is the cheap speaker with SPDif input that can be used to connect with DTH and computer .

Please give your valuble suggestions..
thank you..

At the outset, please remove the link you have provided at the bottom of your signature. This is against HFV rules (Rule No. 15).

To answer your question, speakers, unless they are powered speakers, have nothing but binding posts where you can connect speaker cables. They do not have digital connections such as S/PDIF.

You can connect a set of speakers to only one amplifier at a time. If you connect two amplifiers to the same speaker, you could blow your amp and/or speakers.

One way to route two amps to the same speakers is to use a switch.

In addition, I am assuming by DTH you are referring to a set top box. These do not have speaker output. You have to use an amplifier in between or within the speakers (powered speakers).

Cheers

WELCOME TO HFV...........
no need of futher exclamations bcos u got the clear answer from venkat sir.........

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back