Optical wire or coaxial for Denon

srijith

Hello All,

Can i use an optical wire instead of coaxial one to connect my Creative Audigy 2ZS sound card with Denon 1312.

Sound card has a 3.5mm jack labeled "Digital Out" S/PDIF coaxial output (please see below).

800pxsoundblasteraudigy.jpg

Also could you please let me know how will the input plug look like for Denon 1312(any details or pics)

Regards,
Sree

you can use the mini-toslink to to slink cable like this one:
mini tos to tos.jpg

which is easily available in ebay or may be even at stores like croma or vijay sales.

connect the 3.5 mm size pin to the sound card out: "Digital Out" S/PDIF coaxial output

and the toslink end to the AVR in which looks like this:
TOSLINK.jpg

this should work

7 meter cable readily available.? is a doubt. may be you can get it made. may be designer audio in tardeo can make it for you. i had got my 10 m subwoofer cable made from them.

Hi Nindo,

My concern is will i get a 7 meter cable?

Regards,
Srijith

If it is more than 5 Mtr distance then you should go for 30ft coaxial cable. Mx RCA cables(marked as Digital) can serves as very good coaxial cable. Until my recent upgrade I was using 10mtr MX cable to connect M-Audio 2496 at bedroom to receiver @living. It was around rs1600 that time.

Hello All,
Can i use an optical wire instead of coaxial one to connect my Creative Audigy 2ZS sound card with Denon 1312.
No, you won't be able to use an optical cable.
Getting a long coaxial cable is pretty easy.
There will be an RCA input labeled "COAXIAL (SAT/CBL)" in Denon 1312. That's the one you need to connect to.

No, you won't be able to use an optical cable.
Getting a long coaxial cable is pretty easy.
There will be an RCA input labeled "COAXIAL (SAT/CBL)" in Denon 1312. That's the one you need to connect to.

I don't see a coaxial out in the snap of the sound card. the first port on the left says "digital out" and it looks like a optical/toslink port.

Its getting confusing here :lol:

I will take the card to Profx and then will get back to you with updates.

Regards,
Sreee

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back