Options available on Turntable (Looking at both New & Almost New)

Know of any Indian online shops for some jazz, vocals, soul?

Hi Sidharth,

Get in touch with Vasu (forum member "myriad"). He has a collection of jazz vinyls. Not sure where he buys them from.

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Hope you enjoy it for some time to come.

Regards.

Thanks Asit,
Shall do get in touch with him. I am usually not the collector kind, i pick what i like to listen (*pampered ears), so the last i sat with Viren sir (lyrita) to pick a few jazz cds from him ..i had to explain him the notes i enjoy. So he could come up with 10-12 cds out of like a 200 or so.. :) of which i picked 6 pieces. So i usually hear an mp3 first for the artists i dont know before i pick a disc of.

But thanks for the lead, rather any lead. Shall be help.

Brgs

Hi Sidharth,

Get in touch with Vasu (forum member "myriad"). He has a collection of jazz vinyls. Not sure where he buys them from.

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Hope you enjoy it for some time to come.

Regards.

Dear friends,
As mentioned in this thread, I had tried to move the analogue way and picked up the PROJECT ii EXPERIENCE which i enjoy.

But after spending time with it, i feel that vinyl is not what i can concentrate on right now but should rather make some upgrades on a vertical level to the digital components, which shall be my primary source.

So in case someone is looking for a reasonably Hi-end Turntable whose cost is about 87k then lets discuss.

- Turntable is less than year old.
- Comes with a Ortofon Rhondo Red Cartridge (is yet to break in)
- Project's Dust cover attatched.
- Can throw along hard marble like Teak base which i got made for the TurnTable ...complimentary.

Rest, should you have any questions then i can ask Malvai to address, cause th TT is with me for about a week only, so i can say the ownership feel belongs to Malvai more :)

Let me know, before i get used to its magical sound and change my mind ;)

Cheers

Sid,

You shouldn't get out of vinyl at all. It will be a BIG BIG BIG mistake. I understand completely as it may feel a little intimidating (as did my VPI table), but once you start learning you can tweak the table for further enjoyment! Dude, you can upgrade the digital ALL YOU WANT, but you will not get anywhere near the analog vinyl experience.

You can get CLOSE, but at what cost? I had digital sources in my house up to $50k and still it was "close", the analog rightness is just very difficult to attain with current digital technology. Digital tech has to change fundamentally, incorporate psycho acoustics and HOW we listen to music. That should be built it in an algorithm of some sort and THEN we might be heading in the right direction.

Now if convenience is your thing and the turntable too much work, sure get a better digital component. But listen to one properly setup analog rig and it's game over. The joy in analog is getting there to that point where you can FORGET about how the music is being reproduced and just get lost in the sound, the love and appreciation of music.

Keep the table, struggle with it if you have to, but learn and understand how vinyl works. A year or so down the road, you'll be able to upgrade to a better table AND have a better understanding of the way these things work.

Most naysayers quit EXACTLY where you are quitting right now as it's just too much struggle. Digital is just a turnkey affair and that is the generation we all grew up in. The "alien" world of vinyl is really so much MORE than digital has ever done for us. Pity it costs so much relatively to reach ultimate bliss, but even modest setups have the capacity of smaller levels of bliss that are mountains apart from their digital counterparts.

Just think.........

G out.

@Sid:
Dude, this TT was bought exactly 5 months ago (I just saw my checque book to see when I paid for it). The cartridge still has to be run in completely...

Its a TT that is virtually new. (You know that). Where else will you get this one at the price???

Dude, sell it by all means if you think that TT is not for you. But believe me, a year or two from now, when your ear matures up, you'll regret letting go of this.

The rest is up to you!

And, yes, ditto to everything Shaizada has said....

Agree with the above 2 posts, my setup is by no means mean or high end up getting the turntable has been the biggest difference in sound I have seen so far. My speakers have had more listening in the last 2 months than the entire last 2 years! Stick with it for a while before you decide.

And if you visit my place you will find my cdp and dac packed and sitting inside a cupboard

@ manav unkal
U need to change ur signature & POST THE PICS OF THE NEW BIG BOYS SOON.

Waiting eagerly.

I know! I Know! Sid Beta! Will do so soon! Btw, I'm having trouble with my signature.... How do list out all of the items when the darned thingee acceps only 250 charecters or something like that...

How have u and Mad Bull RAm managed your entire gear in the signature???

Replace Xperience and RS8 with a new ones and try. Also try n reduce font size, sounds silly w.r.t character count limit, but still try.

Yes sirs,
Am ready with my static brush, cleaning fluids, vinyl cleaning bath and India's trusted Fevicol !!

Good for you.

Good for me too. Because I was first thinking of buying the same TT from Malvai, but then something came up and I could not keep up the communication. Meanwhile you bought it. And then I found out that you were about to sell it off. I was again in a dilemma, because I just committed some other investment. But your decision (I suppose, final) gets me out of the miserable feeling.

Meanwhile, tell me where are you guys getting your antistatic brushes from? I need one, because I got my 21 year old TT (Dual CS 5000) repaired again with some tips from Vasu (myriad) and actual sweat-breaking work from Cranky. But the new cartridge (Shure M97xe) did not work, apparently one channel is not working. The Shure dealer took it back and has promised that he would get another one for me. I am waiting at the moment (I have the stock Ortofon OMB 20 cartridge, but the stylus has fallen off. Getting the stylus 20 is another option, costs around USD 140 in LPGear and musicdirect). I also have the very old antistatic brush bought in Germany 21 years ago. Should it still work? If not I need a new one. Can you help, where to get it from?

Regards.

Last edited:
Good for you.

Good for me too. Because I was first thinking of buying the same TT from Malvai, but then something came up and I could not keep up the communication. Meanwhile you bought it. And then I found out that you were about to sell it off. I was again in a dilemma, because I just committed some other investment. But your decision (I suppose, final) gets me out of the miserable feeling.

Meanwhile, tell me where are you guys getting your antistatic brushes from? I need one, because I got my 21 year old TT (Dual CS 5000) repaired again with some tips from Vasu (myriad) and actual sweat-breaking work from Cranky. But the new cartridge (Shure M97xe) did not work, apparently one channel is not working. The Shure dealer took it back and has promised that he would get another one for me. I am waiting at the moment (I have the stock Ortofon OMB 20 cartridge, but the stylus has fallen off. Getting the stylus 20 is another option, costs around USD 140 in LPGear and musicdirect). I also have the very old antistatic brush bought in Germany 21 years ago. Should it still work? If not I need a new one. Can you help, where to get it from?

Regards.

Asit da,
Yes i should be keeping it, unless your interest develops again and that you would not wanna go for the new Project. Since you declined so i dressed it up 'my way' to keep it safe from dust and well ..lemme show you what thee piece is like. Will load some pics of my rack (for the first time) in here, hopefully by the later hours today.

Brushes, xrcds, fluids etc usually we (malvai, shaizada, myself) get from Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472

Next time, we can combine orders, and give different addresses ..which i believe is possible to send.

wishes

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back