Optoma HD20 - Protection against power problems

bssraju

Hi,

Got Optoma HD20 recently and would like to know, how to protect this projector from power related problems such as high voltage, Fluctuations etc. Pl. give your valuable advise soon, as i would like to check this projector ASAP. Does this projector need an UPS to shut it down properly?

Thanks in advance

I do not know anything on this, since i am living in Mumbai, and have never faced power issues.

Other members will throw light on your requirement.

V.

Thanks Vinay,

Pls. Suggest a good UPS & price for the same

Thanks
I use an APC 500VA with my HD20. Works well considering the power consumption of the HD20 is ~300VA. Cost around 3.7k when bought mine a year back.

m using microtek 1 kva online ups. got it for 13k with 3 external batteries... works well... although offline ups also works for a lot people.... i'd recommend to go for online ups for total peace of mind....

a projector is a costly investment & more importantly its delicate especially the bulb part.... protect it...!!

Rana_Kirthi is right, go for an online UPS if possible.

BTW, I only use the UPS to protect my Projector and shut it down gracefully. I do not continue to watch the movie when power fails.

Same here Santhol, i am just using the UPS to provide backup power for the cooling fan to run when the projector is shutting down. For my pc also, i have done similar settings where 1 minute after the power goes , the system goes in hibernate mode and power consumption drops.

Back