Optoma HD66 Screen Question

techcheat

Hi People!

I recently bought an Optoma HD66 DLP projector and am projecting onto my wall for a 110inch diagonal image. (had it ceiling mounted in front - throwing from a distance of 4.4m) .. I have the following issue:

- When i turn the projector on, the default green/blue screen stretches along the wall and makes an image of around 126inches .. but as soon as i feed in HD TV signal or DVD signal, i get an image of 110inches with a very light rectangle border all around (stretching to 126inches).

- I've tried feeding hdmi/component video signals through a HD set top box and my DVD player.

- Not sure why is the projector not projecting to the full capacity as it shows when its starting up and how to get rid off the light border around the actual image (through any settings?).. either to reduce it to 110inches or to expand it .. tried doing the zoom wheel on the projector but doesn't work ..

What is this phenomenon? Anyone experienced the same? I'm assuming the native resolution of the projector (1280x800) has got something to do with it .. but ... but ... how to fix it?

Above thread was written by someone on AVS forum, i cant read the answer as somehow I cant access the site. In anycase, I bought home Optoma HD66 thanks to your suggestions. Now I am getting a custom screen made. Now when I see the blue box its what I have told my carpenter as size, but when I see a movie on this using WD Live I get black bars on top and bottom. Now on WD home page, resolution shows complete picture, but when movie plays I get black lines. Should I ask my carpenter to make a smaller screen cutting the black on top? How will these black bars look on a white screen??? Please advise. Any way to avoid these lines. Or best to project them on white area of my screen? Or change the screen size?

If the bars are on top and bottom and you are watching a movie in 2.35:1 or similar aspect ratio, then its normal.

Movies in 16:9 format should show full, similar to what you see your WD screens.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back