Optoma Projector Repair/ Expert technicians in Chennai ?

vj_box

Hello all, so my new Optoma UHD300 Projector which was running fine suddenly went into a red light flashing mode where the power indicator shows a flashing red light and the lamp indicator shows a constant red light. This happens after the projectors tries to boot and I hear a mild click sound that goes on and off indicating that the projector is trying to turn on but goes off (you usually hear this click sound when turning on the Projector and that sound is the same as the one heard when turning on a LED TV) - I am guessing a power supply issue as the Lamp is hardly burned 50 or so hours.

I have spoken to one authorized service center (F1 Infosolutions & Services ) in Chennai and since its a unit bought Abroad they wouldn't take a official complaint as it doesn carry international warranty but are willing to take a look separately. I am wondering if any of the forum members has any contact of a reputed service center apart from Optoma ? I just want to have a back up plan should the other guys dont show up.

Thanks!

Hello all, any leads will be much appreciated!

Sorry to hear the trouble..

I have spoken to one authorized service center (F1 Infosolutions & Services ) in Chennai and since its a unit bought Abroad they wouldn't take a official complaint as it doesn carry international warranty but are willing to take a look separately.

This is the most painful part.. But atleast they have offered help..

There is Max electronics, behind Le Royal meridien Hotel.. Location - https://www.google.co.in/search?new...1e16!2m4!1e17!4m2!17m1!1e2!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2

They do servicing with projector & AVR.. Not sure if they are skilled enough to check the 4K projectors.. Anyways, try there.. Contact person is Murugan.. Good luck.. You can say Elango from Tiruvallur suggested the place for repair..

Thanks for the advise Elango. Fortunately the issue was just resolved this morning by the technician who came from the authorized service center. His name is Murali and seems like a capable guy. The issue was due to a lose connection of the bulb which he said would have been due to improper shut down of the projector. He advised to ensure the projector cools down (blue light flashing) before switching off mains.

I can pass on the service engineer contact should any FMs in Chennai need.

Btw, I got this notification when the Optoma India Head of Operations responded to my query on the warranty.

Kind Attention……..!

Optoma has started educating its customers about the unauthorized sales of Optoma Products on e-commerce portals such as Snapdeal, Flipkart, ebay, Amazon, etc. by issuing a disclaimer on the Home Page of Optoma Corporation. To ensure warranty and authenticity, we have strongly advised the purchase of Optomaproducts from Optoma Certified Channel Partners only. We recommend that you start educating your customers as well, and safeguard your business. Optomadon’t promote products on any online portal. No Warranty & Service will be Served if any Optoma Projector is purchased online.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back