Ordered TANIX TX3 MINI player... Will the hard disc WD Elements 1TB work fine with this player??

chaitanyaht3

Hello all,

I Ordered TANIX TX3 MINI to use as a media player.
(It is a cheapo player, but we have a confirmation from one of our members that it is good for the price, and audio bitstream is possible)
Please help me find 1TB external hard disc to connect to this TANIX TX3 MINI

Primary purpose is BR rips with DTS HDMA and DOLBY TRUE HD movies (size 15 to 30GB each)
I am guessing WD Elements 1TB is a good one based on the reviews.
https://www.amazon.in/WD-Elements-P...scsubtag=2b7af699-3df4-4ee1-a930-515ea0560ed7

Any suggestions on this hard disc please...any issues you faced, or any other better alternatives ....

Thanks & Regards
Chaitanya

Last edited:

Good choice.. 2 GB RAM & 16 GB ROM should be more than enough for most applications that you will use on media player..

Any suggestions on this hard disc please...any issues you faced,

WD (or) Seagate both provide 3 yrs warranty.. So you can't go wrong with either of them..

or any other better alternatives ....

If you can up your budget by an other Rs 400/-, you can get 1.5 TB external HD from seagate.. https://www.amazon.in/Seagate-Expan...ie=UTF8&qid=1523868210&sr=1-1&keywords=1.5+tv

You will need to register the HD, for which an application is provided in the HD itself.. You will need to do that within 15 days or so..

I own the 1.5 T external HD for more than a years time now and no issues so far..

Last edited:
Hello all,

(It is a cheapo player, but we have a confirmation from one of our members that it is good for the price, and audio bitstream is possible)
Please help me find 1TB external hard disc to connect to this TANIX TX3 MINI

Primary purpose is BR rips with DTS HDMA and DOLBY TRUE HD movies (size 15 to 30GB each)
I am guessing WD Elements 1TB is a good one based on the reviews.
https://www.amazon.in/WD-Elements-P...scsubtag=2b7af699-3df4-4ee1-a930-515ea0560ed7

Any suggestions on this hard disc please...any issues you faced, or any other better alternatives ....

Thanks & Regards
Chaitanya

WD elements no issues at all......have got 3 of them....and sadly two older Seagates which dont have great service or replacement service......so far all 5 working fine

thank you very much elangoas, 0.5TB extra at a very negligible 400rs more sounds great !!!
And thank you efernand1,...its encouraging to know that you bought 3 of them !!!

I have had better experience with WD compared to Seagate. Have used several from both brands. Another brand you could consider is Toshiba.
Looking at your file sizes, you'll fill up 1 TB in no time unless you delete or transfer to another drive. I'd go with 2 TB.

hey Naturelover... my initial plan was to get two 1TB hard discs, to keep a backup copy of data.
Coming to my usage, at any given point of time, I wont be keeping more than 10 to 15 movies.
I have a desktop PC as well just in case ....

That is not confirmed. Our FM who used this player also did not check with streaming sites. But with BR rips its pretty good without any lag.

However bitstream works with BR rips . So the gut feeling is, it should work with streaming as well. Just need to try my luck.

That is not confirmed. Our FM who used this player also did not check with streaming sites. But with BR rips its pretty good without any lag.

However bitstream works with BR rips . So the gut feeling is, it should work with streaming as well. Just need to try my luck.

Thanks Chaitanya..

Amazon prime official app not available. You have to side load working chances 50% . Nvidia shield tv prime app may work mostly.

All the best. Wait for your review

Amazon prime official app not available. You have to side load working chances 50% . Nvidia shield tv prime app may work mostly.

All the best. Wait for your review

Correct. In fact I too came across similar posts. Just wanted to confirm with our forum members.
Amazon forcing us to buy their products by restricting. As of now only Nvidia shield only compatible.

Anyhow waiting for the review..:)

is there any similar restriction on netflix? Or will it run on any android tv box?
As per you tube reviews, Netflix should work in this devise.

Last edited:
Correct. In fact I too came across similar posts. Just wanted to confirm with our forum members.
Amazon forcing us to buy their products by restricting. As of now only Nvidia shield only compatible.

Anyhow waiting for the review..:)
Roku does support Amazon video i guess. I am planning to get a Roku, any one have experience with it?

Roku does support Amazon video i guess. I am planning to get a Roku, any one have experience with it?
Did you get Roku.. if yes how is the experience .. does it support Indian streaming apps like sonyliv, hotstar.. also what about music streaming apps like Saavn, Amazon prime music etc

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back