Overstock.com now ships to India, prices in INR (all inclusive)

Santy

Quite a good collection of A/v equipments (esp. PJs), Bluray and music CDs.:)

overstock.jpg

oc1.jpg

oc2.jpg

oc3.jpg

It seems to have some decent refurbished CPUs
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...top-Computer-Refurbished/6205081/product.html

Looks a good starting kit to me for HTPC... though i m still a young in HTPC field...but p4 3.2Ghz at 8K (refurbished) doesnt look to be bad deal... is it?

===============================================================================================================

EDIT:
That price was exclusive of shipping and customs :(
Totalled to 11,768/-
Is it still cheap?

Last edited:
Hey guys.. By 'all inclusive' what I meant is that the price you will pay, includes customs, nothing more need to be paid. :eek:But what is displayed is excluding shipping and duty. It is also mentioned in the banner I posted. And yes, it seems to be on the higher side. So it may be ok for items difficult to find elsewhere.

Customs can be paid on COD but I do not know how it helps.

Checkout page:
lcr.jpg

But look at the shipping charge for that 24 lb monster center channel. Just Rs. 1112!

Unfortunately there's no AVR on sale.

be careful with overstock. when i lived in the usa i had once ordered a woollen jacket which was out of stock elsewhere. it arrived and according to the marking was the right size - but practically was totally outsized. when i checked online i found various similar negative feedback. so kinda gave me the idea that overstock gets all kinds of rejects not suitable for regular stores. and if you try to return it they take a stocking fee - like 20% or 30%. caveat emptor!!!

Last edited:
The are charging a premium price+customs & shipping... Not worth it as they are not charging the USA price nor do they allow you to avial any discounts... A HD33 projector came to 1.22 lacs... Its available for 1.20 lacs in India itself & on amazon it comes to 90k to 1 Lac... Pass!!!!

overstock is more famous for bedding, racks, tables, clothes, house hold item selling at cheap prices, not for electronics.

overstock is more famous for bedding, racks, tables, clothes, house hold item selling at cheap prices, not for electronics.

That was not my point... My point is customers from India like us are charged a premium International rate on everything which is about 20-40% higher than US selling price & then Customs & shipping is added on top of that... Take the example of the B&N tablet... I have posted the link of both the US price & the international price... US price is $199 & International price is Rs15k+ which is about $300 + Customs + shipping... Can you see what I am trying to point out... Atleast Amazon lets be buy stuff on US price & then adds customs & shipping to that price...

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Barnes-Noble-16GB-Nook-Tablet-Refurbished/6610888/product.html

Barnes & Noble 16GB Nook Tablet (Refurbished) | Overstock.com

another ray of hope ... i knew it before.. specially u get watches for good deal grab them from overstock!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back