Owners of DNM or Sonodyne Tower Speakers

deven_shah

Hi!! All

If any one is owner of DNM or Sonodyne tower speakers. Can you pl post a review.

I had a demo of DNM and will be taking Demo of Sonodyne shortly. Your i/p 's will be valuable to me.

FYI :- I will be pairing this with Denon 1911.

Thx!! In advance

I haven't heard DNM, but am not a fan of Sonodyne's floorstanders at all. I heard them when a friend was out to buy a system and was appalled by the complete lack of lower end. When I asked the Sonodyne guys why the speakers were not producing the bass that the recording had, they told me that if I wanted more bass, I'd need to use a subwoofer with the floorstanders! :rolleyes:

thx!! KDM

Yesterday i got a demo for Jamo s 606 & personally found it to be too bassy.

Base was completely dominating the sound.

I will have to audtioned Sonodyne :)

I own the Sonodyne Sonus 2605 towers and I am reasonably pleased with them. I mostly use them for movies than in a 2 channel set-up. On the few occasions I listen to movies, I find them quite alright. In fact I never found a need to use a sub on such occasions. Perhaps because I am not a great fan of too much Bass. When you do the audition yourself, you will know whether it's good enough for you or not.

I had a demo of Mission M34. But some how found it underpowered.
Base was completely lacking

Well, what you describe is quite unlike the Marantz/Pulz/Mission combo that I auditioned.

prakash_ajp said:
When you do the audition yourself, you will know whether it's good enough for you or not.

Agreed. Speakers are a very personal affair - you either like 'em or you don't. Also, the amp/speaker combo makes a hell of a lot of difference.

Last edited:
Back