Pace 2045 amplifier

You need to factor in the knowledge and effort put in by the manufacturer - in this case Mr. Bajaj. We tend to take this for granted. This in my opinion is quite significant and cannot be trivialized. We need to pay for the experience and investment put into building a product.

What you are saying is absolutely correct. So even if all parts are available at X amout, equal X (or may be more) goes into physical and intellectual labour. So saying that the similar parts available at very cheap elsewhere is not fair to the manufacturer. After all, if one keeps all parts together on a table, it is not going to produce good sound till someone assembles them well and tests the final product.

I agree. The cost an international amp selling for 20K rupees wont be more than 4-5K max. Rest is all overheads as listed in above post. Many good speakers (15-20K price) use cheap $10 drivers!
Pace is an old and reputed company and if I remember correctly, I read somewhere that Mr Dilip Bajaj is related to Mr Shyam Bajaj (not sure, may or may not be true).

As an aside i am thrilled with my DNM A-777 integ amp! Using it as a power amp with my Akai Preamp has really made a world of a difference !
And yes, Mr. Dilip Bajaj is related to Mr. Shyam Bajaj - infact he is his nephew ( brother's son) ! ;) They both run very successful companies i.e. Eastern Electronics ( NORGE) & Pace Electronics (DNM AUDIO)

Last edited:
Normally the quality electronics /speaker may carry material of 20% value but the hours of research and money spent on the guys also add up to cost .

some one said marantz amp is actually 4k due to import it is 20 k .. are you sure , where is this place ?

I respect Norge , DNM but the pace amp has some serious cost cuttings so pointed. Even i have seen norge done decent job in their amps. Very good audio capacitors etc ..

few good caps/pcb/wiring will not add huge to cost but will make good difference in sound durability.I suppose the PACE guys will improve.

Any ways thanks for bringing the details and good low cost amp to focus .

Kaushik,

Pace Amp is made by same people selling(making?) DNM. Dilip Bajaj, the owner of Pace/DNM maintains that he has manufacturing facilities in china where he gets the DNM brand of gears made & that items sold under Pace are made in his workshop in mumbai/India.

He claims it is cheaper for him to make the DNM products in china but Pace items he makes here, now that i find quite strange :rolleyes:

As long as he is providing bang for buck items, thats what matters, right ?

few good caps/pcb/wiring will not add huge to cost but will make good difference in sound durability.I suppose the PACE guys will improve.

I agree. But with a dearth of so many el cheapo "chinese" products* in the markets, I feel these "branded" guys must be operating on very thin margins.

*Yesterday, I inquired at a local electronics shop about stereo amps and found that basic ones (without FM & other bells and whistles) are available for upwards of Rs 400 ! When I asked him which ICs are used, he mentioned STK4440, 6283 etc. Now, I am wondering how much bad could these amps be?

I agree. But with a dearth of so many el cheapo "chinese" products* in the markets, I feel these "branded" guys must be operating on very thin margins.

*Yesterday, I inquired at a local electronics shop about stereo amps and found that basic ones (without FM & other bells and whistles) are available for upwards of Rs 400 ! When I asked him which ICs are used, he mentioned STK4440, 6283 etc. Now, I am wondering how much bad could these amps be?

Why not buy 1 & find out for yours & our (read as FM's) benefit??? :D

@ Kaushik: your observations & comments are taken in good spirit. Even I was not very happy when I saw the wires touching the transformer. I donlt know how hot it gets but externally the amp is absolutely cool. After all one cannot just praise a product. We need to look at the compromises as well. What I liked (in addition to sound) about this is that dealer did not at all try to hide the internal structure which is not seen commonly.

Why not buy 1 & find out for yours & our (read as FM's) benefit??? :D

I'll try to take the speakers to the shop and see how they perform with such amps. That is, if I am able to make time out of a very busy coming sunday.
Anyway, the source in my case is going to be either TV out or Tata Sky STB out, which I believe is no better than 128kbps mp3. Hence the expectations will also be not too great.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back