Panasonic B6 series TV - Aspect ratio

sidtechster

Hi guys,

I have a Panasonic 39B60D TV. When I play a video file via the TV's media player, it always plays in preset aspect ratios. By default it is 16:9. Most of the movies comes in standard aspect ratio of 2.35:1. So there is a vertical stretching which is quite annoying. I want to view it in its original aspect ratio. Is there any solution for this? :(

I have a Samsung series 5 (2 yrs old model). It plays the video files in its original ratio. Is it a problem with Panasonic TVs?

Hi guys,

I have a Panasonic 39B60D TV. When I play a video file via the TV's media player, it always plays in preset aspect ratios. By default it is 16:9. Most of the movies comes in standard aspect ratio of 2.35:1. So there is a vertical stretching which is quite annoying. I want to view it in its original aspect ratio. Is there any solution for this? :(

I have a Samsung series 5 (2 yrs old model). It plays the video files in its original ratio. Is it a problem with Panasonic TVs?

I am not sure about the particular B6 model, but there must be a picture size - zoom, 16:9, 4.3 etc - in the video/picture menu. It is quite unlikely that the ratio can't be changed.

I am not sure about the particular B6 model, but there must be a picture size - zoom, 16:9, 4.3 etc - in the video/picture menu. It is quite unlikely that the ratio can't be changed.

Yes I do have that option. I can change the aspect ratio, but the video is displayed in one of those preset ratios, either 16:9/4:3/others, and not the original ratio.

To elaborate more, actually when I watch a video with aspect ratio, say 2.35:1, on a 16:9 display, I should have the video with black bars on top and bottom. But I don't see them.

14118450539_f980ebd145_o.gif

When the video is played and when you press the aspect button on the remote, you should have a 'just' option. Have you tried it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back