Panasonic Plasma 42C10 @43K AGN EXCHANGE!

I took the demo at around 8pm in TMC Begumpet. Showroom was bright ofcourse, but not too much. They have both these models on display. They had samsung too, but they had problems getting the digibox connection till the place where the tv was present so I couldn't get a demo of it.

I took a demo of C10 & G10 in pana showroom in kukatpally. There I didn't find them too washed out, but they were definitely soft and had natural colors (which probably makes things less fancy). The confusion I had in the pana was that both C10 & G10 had similar & decent SD quality, even though I was expecting C10 to be better because it's only HD ready. I was expecting some sharpness & pixelation in G10 but it was not the case. Either G10 was doing a good job or C10 was bad. Couldn't conclude.

What are you inclined to buy at the moment and why? Apart from pana & LG plasmas I have shortlisted sammy b530 lcd, philips 9703 & sony w550a. Sony looks best as of now except the price because which I am holding on.

I am in the same sitaution as you.. looking for 42 inch LCD/plasma in hyd..

could you share the price/location in hyd for sammy b530 lcd, philips 9703 & sony w550a...etc... either here or in the price-thread.. please :)

I am inclined towards LG plasmas for VFM factor..
took a demo at LG best Tolichouki shop and liked a lot..
Also considering panasonic..yet to get a demo..

I am in the same sitaution as you.. looking for 42 inch LCD/plasma in hyd..

could you share the price/location in hyd for sammy b530 lcd, philips 9703 & sony w550a...etc... either here or in the price-thread.. please :)

I am inclined towards LG plasmas for VFM factor..
took a demo at LG best Tolichouki shop and liked a lot..
Also considering panasonic..yet to get a demo..

LCD Philips 9703 79,990
LCD Sony W550 89,900
LCD Samsung B550 60,900 TMC
LCD Samsung B530 55,400 TMC
Plasma LG 42PQ70R 41,200 Bajaj
Plasma Samsung 42B450 42,300 Bajaj

Philips above is most probably a display piece.

TMC prices are a bit high. Generally Bajaj has better deals.

LCD Philips 9703 79,990
LCD Sony W550 89,900
LCD Samsung B550 60,900 TMC
LCD Samsung B530 55,400 TMC
Plasma LG 42PQ70R 41,200 Bajaj
Plasma Samsung 42B450 42,300 Bajaj

Philips above is most probably a display piece.

TMC prices are a bit high. Generally Bajaj has better deals.

i say wait for the christmas or new year offers,since for eg the best price i could get for a samsung B530 was 52k without any freebies in bangalore,but in diwali time some have bought it for 48k with free dvd player with HDMI out,some movies and other store freebies,in this very forum geotracks got it for 47k with all the freebies.
obviously by that time prices will also fall reason being this month alone OEM prices of lcd panels fell by around Rs250.

i say wait for the christmas or new year offers,since for eg the best price i could get for a samsung B530 was 52k without any freebies in bangalore,but in diwali time some have bought it for 48k with free dvd player with HDMI out,some movies and other store freebies,in this very forum geotracks got it for 47k with all the freebies.
obviously by that time prices will also fall reason being this month alone OEM prices of lcd panels fell by around Rs250.

What is the quantum of fall in prices we are talking about?
Do christmas have any offers like diwali every year?

If it is 5-10% I can wait.. If it is like ~1000, already the price deviation between showrooms are more than that.

What is the quantum of fall in prices we are talking about?
Do christmas have any offers like diwali every year?

If it is 5-10% I can wait.. If it is like ~1000, already the price deviation between showrooms are more than that.

well i believe more then christmas i think u get better deals for new year.
coupled with the natural fall of prices.definetly more then 1000 ,yes u can expect it to be cheaper by 5 to 10% for lcds,not sure about plasma.

I took a demo of C10 & G10 in pana showroom in kukatpally. There I didn't find them too washed out, but they were definitely soft and had natural colors (which probably makes things less fancy). The confusion I had in the pana was that both C10 & G10 had similar & decent SD quality, even though I was expecting C10 to be better because it's only HD ready. I was expecting some sharpness & pixelation in G10 but it was not the case. Either G10 was doing a good job or C10 was bad. Couldn't conclude.

They had C10, X10 and S10 only when I went.
Frankly S10 was dull and less attractive than C10 and X10 with SD.
Even the HD was 720p, so looked similar.
No 1080p demo and Iam pretty sure that Iam not getting a bluray player in the nearfar future.. So did not worry..

No G10. So no comments..

Does it makes sense for you to go for G10 given the 20k difference?
I'd go for C10/LG PQs and a 26" for my bedroom if the PQ difference is not night and day. Particularly when we are 80% SD viewers?

Last edited:
They had C10, X10 and S10 only when I went.
Frankly S10 was dull and less attractive than C10 and X10 with SD.
Even the HD was 720p, so looked similar.
No 1080p demo and Iam pretty sure that Iam not getting a bluray player in the nearfar future.. So did not worry..

No G10. So no comments..

Does it makes sense for you to go for G10 given the 20k difference?
I'd go for C10/LG PQs and a 26" for my bedroom if the PQ difference is not night and day. Particularly when we are 80% SD viewers?

I'd definitely like to go for G10 even if it's 20K more, but so far I haven't got definitive information about it's SD performance. Well when I demoed it was on par with C10 as I said, but lot of G10 owners mentioned that SD quality is so-so, especially with interlaced format (progressive was good apparently).

They had Dish Tv and I guess it's 576i and not 576p? The sales guy said with Tata Sky it will be even better than Dish Tv.

price update:

hey hyd guys,

the left over pieces of panasonic 42c10 is available for 35k with a proper tax invoice, at the sec'bad panasonic brandshop, afaik this is the cheapest rate in hyd. just picked up a couple for myself. good vfm.

expect for the black levels, found it on par with the panasonic 42x20.

ps: expect being a regular customer, i am in no-ways related to the store.

was on a look out for a full hd 42/50 incher, but looking at the prices, this made sense esp with not many 1080p sources around.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back