Panasonic PT AX200 Service Bangalore

gsubash

Hi,I have a PT AX200 which I bought from singapore last year. The projector unfortunately has a problem with the Auto IRIS mechanism (i think) due to which the player makes a great deal of clicking noises on startup and switches off after 5 minutes of usage. The player otherwise is brilliant.Panasonic locally and Godrej and Boyce, their local dealers do not support this model.Any idea where this can be fixed in Bangalore? Thanks for the help!Amar

Hi,I have a PT AX200 which I bought from singapore last year. The projector unfortunately has a problem with the Auto IRIS mechanism (i think) due to which the player makes a great deal of clicking noises on startup and switches off after 5 minutes of usage. The player otherwise is brilliant.Panasonic locally and Godrej and Boyce, their local dealers do not support this model.Any idea where this can be fixed in Bangalore? Thanks for the help!Amar

Just wondering - Isn't there any option to turn Auto Iris off? I do not have a projector but I do have a Sony projection TV. It also has an Iris which is on 'Auto' by default. But it can be changed through settings and 'Auto' can be changed to 'High', 'Medium' or 'Low'.

Hi-- yes you can auto IRIS off off and i did turnoff to see if this would work. However during startup, the IRIS gets activated and that is where it all goes wrong.

Hi-- yes you can auto IRIS off off and i did turnoff to see if this would work. However during startup, the IRIS gets activated and that is where it all goes wrong.

Is it possible that you are somehow not saving your settings for DYNAMIC IRIS turned off? (Just a wild guess)
Also as soon as it starts and IRIS is activated can you turn it off immediately and avoid the problem?

Hi rshri --I finally managed to crack the problem. I started it, quickly changed the IRIS settings to off and shut it off and restarted again. Now it works. Thanks for suggesting the obvious!! It would be great to fix the problem once and for all though, but alteast i get to enjoy the absolutley fantastic projector. Cheers!

Hi rshri --I finally managed to crack the problem. I started it, quickly changed the IRIS settings to off and shut it off and restarted again. Now it works. Thanks for suggesting the obvious!! It would be great to fix the problem once and for all though, but alteast i get to enjoy the absolutley fantastic projector. Cheers!

Glad to be of help!
I read some internet post where someone said that he permanently fixed the problem by opening the projector, locating the Iris and oiling it !!!
This indeed sounds dangerous; try it if you are brave enough :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back