• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Panasonic PT AX200u .. is it still good buy ??

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Series

Spidey

hi folks

getting a "good" deal on this 720p projector,
whats ur opinion ??

what should be a good price in used market ?

other option i am getting :

New Acer PH530 Projector (HDMI port)

how about it ??

thanks

jayad08

hi folks

getting a "good" deal on this 720p projector,
whats ur opinion ??

what should be a good price in used market ?

other option i am getting :

New Acer PH530 Projector (HDMI port)

how about it ??

thanks

according to art the PH530 is rated slightly below of the HD70(HD65) The Affordable Acer PH530: Home Theater Projector Review - Summary, Pros and Cons
but a new PH530 is better than a used ax200 IMO, unless u are buying the ax200 from a trusted source and know the no of hrs run in on the lamp..
as suggested by ashish 20-25k for the ax200 and 30-35k for the new PH530..
in the 40-45k bracket u can have a HD65..

I am a proud owner of panasonic ax 200 fr more than 18 months.lamp has run more than 1100 hours!its still goin very strong.If u want flexibility n easy installation,no other proj comes close to the ax-200.HD videos n blu-ray r amazing,better than most theatre screens.i wont advice buyin a used one, unless lamp runtime is less.its very reliable,no probs till nw. the proj has seen 10 hrs continuous runnin, frequent powercuts,etc.til today nt a single prob.

cant comment on ur other options as am nt familiar with em

i got mine in grey market -brand new for 60k-aug 2008.i was told ax 3000-1080p wont mak big diff frm ax 200-720p,unless u r watchin frm a long distance.

Dushie

In that budget if possible u can get a new Optoma HD 65 from abroad which is an awesome projector in under 30k budget.

Personally i have got Optoma HD20 which is the next full HD model

micjak77

i got mine in grey market -brand new for 60k-aug 2008.i was told ax 3000-1080p wont mak big diff frm ax 200-720p,unless u r watchin frm a long distance.

You meant short distance here, is that right? From long distance you cant make out the difference.

sanjay0864

I am sorry to say, who ever told you that, either does not know the abc of Home Theater, or simply had a vested interest in promoting the AX200. On a small screen tv, the difference between 1080p & 720p is negligible, but on a projected screen anything larger than 60", there is a big difference and the this becomes even more noticeable as the screen size gets larger or your viewing distance gets smaller.

PS: The larger the distance, the lesser the impact of resolution on the overall picture quality..

anm

I have the 200 and I do not like it for the way it flickers. I have never put it on eco mode, and had a discussion too with Ashish to ensure the same. But it hasn't helped. Maybe it gets resolved some day.

Dushie

Unfortunately this is bad news as flickering is a known issue and has been discussed in many forums including ours, but not all units exhibit this. Try using it on normal mode for couple of hours , it may resolve the issue

ashishkesarwani

I also came accross this flickering problem once with my Projector, and after discussing with Anant about it, I read somewhere on a Forum that I should switch my Lamp mode to the normal operation mode than the Eco, so in my case after following the above instructions my problem was solved, and now I am using it again with the Eco mode and without the flickering problem.