Panasonic PTAE-4000 or.....?

akshay1234

Hey guys, I'm going to be setting up a home theatre room in my new house soon. Wanted your advice on which projector to get.

The plans for the room is finalised. There is only one issue. The projector will be about 10.5ft from the wall on which it is to be thrown. Most people have said I will get a big enough screen. Also a projector will be much more vfm than buying a big tv, and will provide a much bigger screen.

The budget is 1-1.2l.

The obvious choice would be the Panasonic 4000, but I wanted to know are there any other good options? I basically want full hd, and the projector should not be outdated for a few years to come.

I have no clue about any other projectors. This will be used mainly for movies and for cricket matches in HD.

Also what screen size could I expect with such a short throw distance?

Two of my friends own the above projector and its AWESOME. AFAIK the distance of 10.5 should not be an issue since its only slightly shorter than the minimum recommended distance from screen of this PJ, mentioned as 3.5 meters. Panasonic Projectors: Panasonic PT-AE4000U 3 LCD projector

An ideal screen size for this viewing distance would be not more than 8 feet. (Recommended is 1.5 times screen width) My friend bought the Elite motorised screen from Cinema Focus Chennai.
WRT this distance this projector may be slightly overkill but then again it pays to be future proof, more so if you plan to watch a lot of Full HD movies and by persosonal experience I would say definitely go for a full HD projector.
HTH

hi all,

anybody in Singapore on Mon, 25th July 2011 - Frid August 5th 2011, there will be small exhibiton in Blk979B Buangkok cres #05-129 singapore 532979. They will show Runco 3D projector and Mocomscreen...please confirm your visit to [email protected].

The Panasonic AE4000 is an excellent projector. But the Epson Home Cinema 8350 is rated to be better. I think it is cheaper also.

The projector at 6-7 ft will not be able to create a large projected image. But on the other hand the image will be high on contrast and brightness.

My own settings are as follows:

a) Projector to screen: 13 ft approx
b) Image size: At maximum throw, it is approximately 4' wide (real width and not diagonal). At minimum throw, the image can fill a screen that is almost 10' wide. But my screen width is 6' wide and hence I have optimized for that.
c) My viewing point is about 10' and the image width of 72" presents no problems.

I will just add my two cents .....

Though 8350 is also considered to be in the same lines of AE4000, the major difference which I found with 8350, was the lack of powered zoom lens which means that you need to adjust the lens manually when switching back and forth between 2.35:1 and 16:9 source material. This aspect is automated in AE4000. Its adjusts the lens automatically, when the source changes from 2.35:1 to 16:1 and vice verse ..

Last edited:
The Panasonic AE4000 is an excellent projector. But the Epson Home Cinema 8350 is rated to be better. I think it is cheaper also.
I can say from personal experience that the Epson 8350 is definately not as good as the Panasonic AE4000, let alone be better. The Epson 8700 on the other hand does compare well with the AE4000 and is in fact better in some aspects but not in all.

I second Sanjays opinion. 8700 is a a good alternative and its also new. Look at the pros and cons between the two and then take a decision. Wishing you all the best.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back