panasonic s60 black level issue please help

gsosa

Hello everyone. Ok so I bought a used panasonic s60 with about 4,000 hours on it, I read reviews online and most of them said this tv was really good and it is. Colors are great and the clarity is awesome but I am not too impressed with the black levels on the tv, how deep are the blacks supposed to be? Are they supposed to match the tv's bezel? It's driving me nuts lol. If anyone has any first hand experience with this tv and has some tips please help me out. Thanks :)

Hello everyone. Ok so I bought a used panasonic s60 with about 4,000 hours on it, I read reviews online and most of them said this tv was really good and it is. Colors are great and the clarity is awesome but I am not too impressed with the black levels on the tv, how deep are the blacks supposed to be? Are they supposed to match the tv's bezel? It's driving me nuts lol. If anyone has any first hand experience with this tv and has some tips please help me out. Thanks :)

black levels will not be a problem when you are watching blurays...it depends on the source.....a DTH picture may not give you the best black level....okay try these settings to see how the picture looks....if you want a deeper black level change the gamma from 2.4 to 2.6...but again the picture becomes less bright...these settings are really very good....try it and see the difference...

Picture Mode : Custom
o Contrast : 85
o Brightness : 0
o Color : 46
o Tint : 0
o Sharpness : 0
o Color Temp : Warm2
o Vivid color : Off
o C.A.T.S. : Off
o Video NR : Off
o MPEG NR : Off

* Pro Settings
o Panel brightness : Mid
o AGC : 0
o Black extension : 0
o Color gamut : Normal

* W/B detail adjustment
o W/B high R : 2
o W/B high G : 0
o W/B high B : 0
o W/B low R : 0
o W/B low G : 0
o W/B low B : -1

* Color detail adjustment
o Red Hue : -5
o Red saturation : 0
o Red luminance : 0

o Green Hue : -1
o Green saturation : -12
o Green luminance : -1

o Blue Hue : 0
o Blue saturation : 2
o Blue luminance : 1

* Gamma detail adjustment
o Gamma : 2.4

* Advanced picture
o 1080p pixel direct : Off
o HDMI content type : Off
o HDMI/DVI RGB range : Standard
o Black level : Light

* Screen settings
o Screen format : Full
o Overscan : Off
o H size : Size 1

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back