Panasonic TH-42PX80

upcoming model from panasonic

1. hdtvtest
2. trustedreviews

Nitin

Yes buddy, they are expected and eagerly awaited model in India...

There has been a lot about this model, lots n lots of expectations, from this model...

If you can, wait for the same, for few weeks, may be you get your hands on good product, and will be one among the only few to have that model...hehe

Given the fact this has a Native resolution of only 1024 x 768 (not true HD), in addition to other cons in the review, price will become an important factor. If it sells for around 75K it makes sense.

Full HD at sizes like 37 and 40 inches is quite debatable. HD ready Plasmas at sizes like 40 or 37 is quite okay if you factor in the the picture quality of plasma over lcds (full hd) at these sizes.
For example if you have a 50 inch full HD and a 37 inch hd ready, the pixel density per square inch should be almost same....

I agree square-wave. At the same time for those who do not have a projector set up, 42 inches is a decent size for a 10 by 15 room. There are a number of True HD screens available from other manufacturers at between 1.25 to 1.75 lakhs. If you press, dealers are ready to provide hefty discounts. That is the reason I felt prices will be an important factor for TH-42PX80.

Agree Venkat. Anything above 70k and these will be difficult to sell.
I am yet to figure out why Panasonic refuses to sell the 37 inch plasmas in India. They are a sweet size for typical indian / asian homes.:)
In fact most other brands are cashing in on this size.

Last edited:
Is there any difference between the Panasonic TH-42PX 80 and the Panasonic TH-42PV80H ? The model currently on the panasonic india website and what I have seen with the dealers in Delhi is the latter.
Somewhere I have also seen a reference to TH - 46PZ80. What is the difference between these PV, PX, PZ ??

Sanjit

Is there any difference between the Panasonic TH-42PX 80 and the Panasonic TH-42PV80H ? The model currently on the panasonic india website and what I have seen with the dealers in Delhi is the latter.
Somewhere I have also seen a reference to TH - 46PZ80. What is the difference between these PV, PX, PZ ??

Sanjit

PV - HD ready, analog tuner, model selling in India and south east asia.
PX - HD ready, digital tuners, model selling in UK and EU.
PZ - FULL-HD model.

PV & PX are essentially the same except the tuners and are 1366x768 while PZ is 1920x1080.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back