Panasonic TH P42X30D Motherboard Repair

Nikhil

Staff member
Need some help from knowledgeable forum members on a repair issue for my Panasonic 42" Plasma TV.

My TV panel suddenly started switching off a few days ago and I called the Panasonic customer service for help.
The panel goes off after some time with green LED light staying on.
The technician came over yesterday and has suggested replacing the motherboard at a cost of Rs 15K
While not exactly a trivial amount I was surprised to learn that the company offers no guarantee on the part.

The only consolation I have is that payment can be made after installation.
The technician also offered that I could take it to the service centre and have it repaired there.
This benefit being that it would be under observation for a few days before I could bring it back after being satisfied.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Really surprised that there would be no warranty on parts.

Need some help from knowledgeable forum members on a repair issue for my Panasonic 42" Plasma TV.

My TV panel suddenly started switching off a few days ago and I called the Panasonic customer service for help.
The technician came over yesterday and has suggested replacing the motherboard at a cost of Rs 15K
While not exactly a trivial amount I was surprised to learn that the company offers no guarantee on the part.

The technician also offered that I could take it to the service centre and have it repaired there.
This benefit being that it would be under observation for a few days before I could bring it back after being satisfied.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Really surprised that there would be no warranty on parts.

Samsung usually gives 1-3 mons warranty after motherboard/panel problem. It is purely our luck only, whether it is working for years after service or conk within 6 mons .It is upto to us only whether we are going for 15k with repair for old tv with no hope whether it will work or going for vfm new tv with extended warranty. Any new age tv has life about 4 yrs max or if some lucky blessed one will go upto 5 yrs that's it.

15K for motherboard is to much. I bought the same for 33.5K. In that case, M/b cost is almost half of the TV cost.

Samsung usually gives 1-3 mons warranty after motherboard/panel problem. It is purely our luck only, whether it is working for years after service or conk within 6 mons .It is upto to us only whether we are going for 15k with repair for old tv with no hope whether it will work or going for vfm new tv with extended warranty. Any new age tv has life about 4 yrs max or if some lucky blessed one will go upto 5 yrs that's it

15K for motherboard is to much. I bought the same for 33.5K. In that case, M/b cost is almost half of the TV cost.

No use getting it repaired. I have gone the route of repairs several time and it almost always brings misery. Most probably your tv will develop faults in some other board in a few months. Better buy a new one.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I called the Panasonic Customer Service today and asked them to stop the part. Not sure what to do with the TV now. It works intermittently so I'm hoping there might be something I can fix or else will have to condemn the piece.

I had problem with 50 inch plasma from Panasonic. Fortunately I had one plus two years complementary warranty. So far so good. The TV broke down thrice in warranty period of three years and when fourth time it went kaput just one month after warranty expired, had to shell out 18k ,same motherboard issue, and then just after fourteen days after the fourth time one more time.......luckily this time they replaced free of charge.

With the Olympics going on I bit the bullet and got the motherboard fixed.
I have to say that the Panasonic service has been very good on the whole.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back