Panasonic VIERA TH-P42V20D, What next ? suggest upgrade

ananya_brata

Hi I am using Panasonic VIERA TH-P42V20D for past 3 years, I am very much satisfied and 100% convinced that I will not go for any LCD or LED. Rather stick to FULL HD plasma for awesome TV viewing experience. Suggest me a suitable model to upgrade.

The reason I want to upgrade, 1. Want 3D experience at home 2. May be go for size upgrade 50".. :D

My usage will be 85% TV, 10% Blu Ray, 5% PS3 and DVD

Also please suggest me whether I am taking right decision sticking to Plasma ?

(NOTE: Please do not advice based on usual shop salesman opinion about plasma like Old technology, burn in effect etc etc. advice if you are experienced with new generation plasma and if you have technical knowledge and if you really came across something that bring better TV viewing experience than Panasonic VIERA TH-P42V20D)

imho...get a projector and do the big leap...as 42 to 50 or 65 wont be that big..
but a 120 inch is something that will immerse you into...

just an idea..no offences

Last edited:
Hi I am using Panasonic VIERA TH-P42V20D for past 3 years, I am very much satisfied and 100% convinced that I will not go for any LCD or LED. Rather stick to FULL HD plasma for awesome TV viewing experience. Suggest me a suitable model to upgrade.

The reason I want to upgrade, 1. Want 3D experience at home 2. May be go for size upgrade 50".. :D

My usage will be 85% TV, 10% Blu Ray, 5% PS3 and DVD

Also please suggest me whether I am taking right decision sticking to Plasma ?

(NOTE: Please do not advice based on usual shop salesman opinion about plasma like Old technology, burn in effect etc etc. advice if you are experienced with new generation plasma and if you have technical knowledge and if you really came across something that bring better TV viewing experience than Panasonic VIERA TH-P42V20D)

:):)
liked your statements very much....
people who call plasma old tech and bad...may say film cameras are funny to digital ones....god forgive thier stupidity and ignorance...

off course plasma is king regarding pq...

Last edited:
Hi Ananya Brata,

Are you interested in selling off your V20?

If yes, please PM with details of pricing usage etc.

My TV has gone bad and hence this request. I have in fact posted a thread for the same.

Thanks

Vinod

If Panasonic releases 50ST60 in India this year, I feel that it will be a real deal for you. I have ST50 and feel that it is at par with VT30. VT60 will be in 65" only and it remains to be seen whether it will see the shores of India. Last year VT50 was announced but never sold in India. The new reference class ZT60 is almost unlikely to be seen in India. If not ST60, then Samsung F8500 could be a viable alternative. The 64" is at an "attractive" price of 206K and if there is a 51" in this line, it will be close to 100K.

When it comes to PQ, plasma just cannot be beaten. But I see that your majority viewing is TV/DTH (85%). In this case, even LED TV can be considered.

I don't know whether it matters to you or not but plasma technology may be gasping its last breaths. It is quite likely that Panasonic may pull the plug next year, if not earlier. That leaves Samsung and to a very small extent LG. So if you buy plasma today, you may find that tomorrow you are running solo (even if you get support). But I don't see owners of Pioneer Kuro complain.

wow.. thanks @ just4kix. this is the response I was looking at. 50ST60 and Samsung F8500 are brilliant ideas, but can you please look at the specs of TH-P50ST50D and TH-P50GT50D and suggest in my usage what will suit most ? are these new series are also from Kuro ?
Yes you are right Pioneer Kuro owners doesnot complain or sell either .... sorry Vinod R, I will not sale my existing TV....;)

Can some one help me to get a replacement main board of Pany TH-P42V20D. I love this TV and having issues in main board. Please reach out to me if you can help

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back