Parameters for manufacturing a Driver

Interesting insights from a manufacturer. Here's what he says about drivers measuring flat.

But Amir and ASR swear by Klippel! This could rock the very foundation of the "objectivist" camp!

Is he trying to protect his interests by not outing the industry?

Or is it that even speaker driver manufacturers suffer from the same vice of being ignorant i.e. not aware of all scientific parameters/data that come into play?

Are there parameters which are simply not quantifiable yet?

Then there's the potential of experts not agreeing on how to translate scientific data i.e. they may come to a different set of opinions from the same data.

So many questions!

Is he trying to protect his interests by not outing the industry?

Or is it that even speaker driver manufacturers suffer from the same vice of being ignorant i.e. not aware of all scientific parameters/data that come into play?

Are there parameters which are simply not quantifiable yet?

Then there's the potential of experts not agreeing on how to translate scientific data i.e. they may come to a different set of opinions from the same data.

So many questions!
All are valid questions.

A driver manufacturer provides the main ingredient. It is up to the "speaker" manufacturer to mix or shape the ingredients to a price or taste, via enclosure, waveguide and crossover design. Spinorama might not be applicable to driver manufacturers, someone could clarify on this.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back