Parasound ZDAC any review?

Congrats;

Now, please do show & explain how you are using it ?

Cables Used ?
Power / USB / RCA etc.

Amp / Speaker etc.

Software to playback ?
Are you to use a CD Transport to feed it or a Computer.

All the Best !

Enjoy it...

:clapping:

I am not good in writing a review of a Hi fi gear, still trying to paint a picture of this little wonder!!

Parasound ZDAC is a compact but full featured DAC small in size but weight 2.5 kg around I assume its because of its torodial transformer (Within a DAC exciting right??)

Currently its got connected with my Laptop 8 GB RAM with a Profigold USB Cable.

My laptop is optimized by a free software called Fidelizer on Extreme mode (Several internal services including Firewall have been closed by it,no problem for me as I use it only for Audio:)) Media player is set on High priority mode and

It works IMHO!!

Currently I am using J River 18 with WASAPI Event style,its sound too good for my ear atleast.

My DAC is connected with Cambridge audio Azur 651a amp by Profigold Ultra performance stereo audio IC (pretty expensive for my wallet:() but it makes difference in my opinion.

Amplifier is connected with Mordaunt short Aviano 6 FS. CA 651a which has a inbuilt DAC 16/44. I think from that point to ZDAC is totally another Audio transformation story. Sound has become immaculately analytical and natural specially Bass has become really pronounced and tight.........some people said its clinical for me its not I think my MS 6 is on A warmer side and ZDAC just makes it more detailed.

Mid range has become much fluid with a lot of texture compared to in buit DAC of CA651a. Everything sounds totally new to my ear.I have to listen my entire collection once again Never thought about it!

Moreover its an huge improvement from my earlier set up.

Last but not the least all these thing happened because I have heard the advise of our FM Guru "BHAGWAN "

Thank you Bhagwan Sir for this wonderful piece of advise.You were absolutely right, I am not regretting at all!!!

Last edited:
Last but not the least all these thing happened because I have heard the advise of our FM Guru "BHAGWAN "

Thank you Bashir Sir for this wonderful piece of advise.You were absolutely right, I am not regretting at all!!!

Pleasure;
Always there to help..
Small request, 'Bashir' was my father's name.
Mine is Mazher - but 'bhagwan' works perfect on the forum.
I am happy that you like the DAC.
Your playback - is perfect. Just try and get the output down to under 50 m/s if possible - 25 should be great - if your machine can handle it.
Enjoy !

Yes, I am using it.

Hello Sir,
My name is Harsha. I have joined this community today, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to introduce myself. I'm on the lookout for a desktop DAC\Amp solution. I'm currently using a Schiit Magni 2 connected to my MacBook Pro w/o a separate DAC. Regarding the Parasound ZDAC v.2, I'm able to find it online for about INR 42,000/-. My choices that I've narrowed down to currently are : Chord Mojo INR 39,000/-, Schiit Valhalla 2 + Modi 2 INR 41,000/-. I use a Sennheiser HD 650. Kindly suggest the best option. Regards.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back