Passive 3/5 ch Soundbars in Bangalore ?

arj

Staff member
Would anyone have inputs on a 3 or 5 channel Passive Soundbar available here in Bangalore.

This is for a friend who already has an AV Receiver and subwoofer wants a single Soundbar which can either take care of L,R and Center or all 5 channels. he is clear he does not want a powered one as he has may devices connected to the AVR including a Projector and TV

Budget is around 50K but he may increase it if really needed. Any pointers ?

Hello @arj ,

Sorry, if this takes it off topic.
Connecting 5 decoded channels (or 3) to 5 different speakers (or 3) placed in a single enclosure will give you a mono effect.

However, if you want a sound bar that will give 5.1CH-like effect (but from only the sweet spot, sorry), do the following:

1. Get hold of a speaker enclosure with 4 identical drivers.
2. Connect the first two drivers with L output of the stereo
3. Connect the next two drivers with R output of the stereo
4. Make sure that if you connect the first two and next two both in series or both in parallel with correct phase.
5. Done! Enjoy surround sound by sitting exactly in front of the soundbar.

Note: a. You will not get any effect if you use an enclosure with two drivers instead of four
b. You may feel the need to enhance the surround effects. That is complicated, but certainly and perfectly doable.

Sorry again as this takes your thread off track, but I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Thanks Ravindra. All he wants is one enclosure with angled speakers for 3.1 or 5.1in one box from his AVR ( he is ok with Dolbu Prologic) he is not an audiophile nor cares excessively about sound quality. he just wants better sound than TV speakers and with convenience..

I found this for 3 channels https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/c...coustics-p400-3-channel-soundbar-speaker.html

Read about Yamaha which have some pretty serious DSP based soundbars for 5 channels but those are all powered.

@arj, I have the dual tymphany drivers HT speakers which I had built after getting the cute drivers from linuxguru couple of years back. Those are very slim so I presume you can put them horizontal and use for L/R purpose. Will PM you the details and my number, you can try and see if it suits to your/friends need.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back