Pathetic Experience with Ezone

I had the similiar problem when i brought my refrigerator. I had selected the model and colour in there Indiranagar showroom and they said they would deliver it in 2days.

After making several calls I had personally been to there showroom and somehow they manage request another 2 days.

Finally they delivered me the same model but different colour and I relised that it was the piece which I saw in there showroom.:clapping:

they can be sued on behalf or cheating consumer and sending a used peice.
you should have ideally done that.. and might have got a fridge for free..

Today I went to the Ezone showroom to cancel the order as they didn't cancel it as instructed by me over phone. I asked them to cancel the order and return my money back. Since I had paid through my credit card, they told me that it will take another 8- 10 days for the refund.

Anyway I got it written on my invoice with seal.

thats perfect.. .now if 10th day they do not return the money back..

directly go to the nearest police station.. file a FIR that these guys have been harrasing you and not giving you the order that they promised and neither the money... show the receipt...

that might get them straight soon.. happy shopping....

This is what their website says regarding refunds.

"Refunds

If the payment was by Credit Card or Net-Banking, we will refund the Credit Card or Net-Banking account. If the payment mode was Cash / Cheque / DD, we will send you a Cheque. Cheques will be sent only to the billing address of the customer.

Typically refunds are processed in less than 10 working days. In case of payments by Cheque or DD; it may take more time for the Cheque to be delivered to your billing address, and for the funds to be credited to your account after you deposit the Cheque.

Please note that we shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder's credit card account as that is managed by the Cardholder's issuing bank.
"

Last year, I bought LG 50" plasma from them. They delivered it the same day as it was in stock. Next day, while running run-in slides, I realized there were 2 dead pixels. Plasma TV manufacturers say upto 5 dead pixels are allowed in manufacturing process, and they don't necessarily replace units for these defects.
Ezone guys came over to my place, took a look, and agreed to replace. The TV was replaced the next day.
I could be one of the lucky ones, but their entire approach seemed professional to me.
I guess there's no one way about the experiences with these stores. But one thing is for certain. There's no way you'd be cheated out of your money with these shops. The other alternative for electronics is local shops, where I am sure the experience would be worse. I'd rather stick to ezone/chroma and work around the odd issue encountered.

A customer is the most important visitor on our premises.
He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him.
He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it.
He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it.
We are not doing him a favor by serving him.
He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.
-Gandhiji

A customer is the most important visitor at ezone.
He is dependent on us. We are not dependent on him.
He is an interruption in our work. That is not the purpose of it.
He is an outsider in our business. He is not part of ezone.
We are doing him a favor by cheating him.
He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity cheat. :yahoo:
-Ezone

I had purchased Onkyo 3300 from Ezone indiranagar showroom in Bangalore on 5th June during their zero margin sale for Rs. 19999/. They told me that they don't have stock and it will be delivered on wensday ie 8th June. On wensday they told me that there is some delay and it will be delivered on thursday. Again on saturday they promised me that it will be delivered on monday. Monday(yesterday) they told me that again there is some delay and it will be delivered on wensday. Now today they again telling me that there is some more delay due to auditing (previously it was delay due to trasportation issues) and they will be delivering only on saturday.

I am fedup with this pathetic people and have asked them to cancel the order. But almost daily I am getting calls from Onkyo asking when shall we come for installtion and demo!. I keep on telling them that I am stil waiting for the item to be delivered. See the steep contrast in customer care between Onkyo and Ezone.

You have to continously call them up. I too had been told the exact same reason of Auditing at their warehouse and stuff however you got to press them for a delivery.
Sampath 7483128629 is the guy who will do it.
I got my delivery yesterday and they set it up too sounds lovely.

I also had similar experience last year when i place odered for onkyo 5300 at arnd 40K from online store when similar zero margin offer was going on. Order placed in June first week was finally cancelled on July last week after several mails and followup. My CC money was never finalized from merchant side (i.e Ezone) and hence my Bank cancelled the transaction.

Since my order was covered under 7 days delivery they had to pay my 5% value of ezone vouchers however they still kept on saying they will send it and finally all my followup I got them in October, since I could only use it at ezone, I had to again take risk and by adding another 900 in 2000 i bought and olympus digital camera, which to my surprise was delivered in 3 days with 5 free accessories in 4 different courier.

SO I guess two things are prevailing in Ezone's current system, which are:
Poor inventory Management system, which at saturation point doesn't say Sold Out Item and kept on selling the item which is neither present in the inventory nor is procurable from vendor at an offer price where Ezone can also make some margin. After all Kishore biyani is not in a business of Charity, even today charity have full business development teams with a business model in place to raise good money.

Second, they just lure people with some fancy offers on 5-10 products and make them feel that other plenty offers are also as lucrative as those 10 best offers and enhance their sales. Eventually troubling people buying into the best offers.

Hope even for store visitors such compensations are available. After-all you take all pains to visit stores and do things physically unlike sitting here on computer and placing order online.

Overall Ezone experience too me remain pathetic too be it online or in store..

"Our procedure is...;" "Our systems do not allow...;"

I have been hearing this all my life (Especially from British banks!). My answer is that their procedures are their problem, and they should not turn them into my problem.

Of course, having a clever answer doesn't guarantee results!

The problem is that none of the folks understand that procedures and processes are guidelines, they are not something written in stone.

There is always an exception inbuilt to the process, but due to the crappy coprorate culture no one is ready to bell the cat....:(

Looks like nothing much has changed at ezone. I had a horrible experience with them 3 years back when I got by Samsung LCD. This was a new ,full HD, 40inch model, just launched, and they were giving the best price compared to a couple of other dealers in Bangalore.

Delivery was promised within 3 days and worst case 7 days. 2 weeks gone by but no TV. Every time I get a new excuse and a new delivery date. Frustrated, I ask for my money back. They are not very keen. I call citibank asking if there is a way they can cancel the payment. They said no. So I show up at their store and create a seen. Manager says within 48 hours he will delivery. And he did. Little did I know that it was just the beginning of a long ordeal.

TV is connected , Pirates of the Caribbean on the DVD player, but no picture. Screen is totally blank, while I can hear the audio. Then I realized, they delivered a defective piece to me ! I was not sure if it was deliberate or not. When I contacted ezone, they said I should talk to Samsung service. It might be some loose connection, they reasoned. That made sense. I log a call with Samsung helpline. Second day the technician turns up. He switches on the TV, and immediately says , Sir, panel is defective. He does not even want to open it.

Now I am really furious. I want ezone to take the faulty piece and give my money back.I tried to have a conversation with the manager, but he is elusive. I again show up at the showroom. He is not interested to talk to me, He wants me to deal with Samsung. May be he is right . But ezone took my money and did not deliver what was promised, which is a working TV. For me , its clearly deficiency of service.

I threaten him with legal action, he says - do whatever you want, he does not care. Yes, he has my money and his sales quota is met, why would he care. Then I ask him for his superior. He says he is the boss. I know he is lying . It is almost closing time and I am exhuasted and confused. I go back home.

Next day, I went to the reception, asked casually for the big boss. Receptionist says he sits on the second floor office. Its morning and there aren't many customers.

I meet with the person , and he says he takes care of the Bangalore operations. He was a nice person , he summoned the sales manager, got details from him about the issue. He also apologizes for what happened. He then told me that they really had an issue with Samsung on getting delivery. He actually spent time explaining me the business model they had with Samsung. He also showed other invoices which were booked around the same time but not delivered. Then the shocking revelation comes. He says since I was putting a lot pressure on them, they paid cash and got a piece for me from Devi international, another large dealer in Bangalore.

Finally he asked for another 48hrs, either he will get me a new piece or give me a full refund. He called me promptly the next day and said that they found two pieces in stock in Chennai and it would reach Bangalore the next day and will be delivered same day evening.

After anxiously waiting for the delivery the whole evening , finally a small truck arrived very close to midnight, It was a new sealed piece. And this time everything was perfect.

Now do I buy stuff from ezone still ? . The answer is yes. Their prices are still competitive. But I make sure that they have ready stock and will deliver immediately.

:) Here in Pune, I went for audition of Onkyo HTS3400; They didn't have it, they had 3300. When I asked for audition, there was a cold response: "it is not connected", I said "OK, then please connect I'm interested" & I was interested coz they had better deal. But he said "It won't work" & turned away, when I called their boss, he had no idea and called the same guy who was unwilling to resolve some wiring issue. I left thinking what a waste...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back