People are strange, at ProFX

wishihadtubes

Though I moved back to India after a foreign assignment some months back, I did not get around to unpacking my AV receiver until today. Only to find that the entire front of my Denon AVR 1909 had been smashed by the movers.
I set about trying to find out if it could be repaired and as I had no luck with the Denon dealer in Delhi, I decided to contact the Bangalore head office of ProFX, which proudly describes itself as an authorised representative of Denon in India.
The person who answered my first call rudely told me he was busy and asked me to call back in 15 minutes.
I called back after over 30 minutes and the same gent answered. I explained to him that my AVR was badly damaged by the movers while being shipped back to India and that I had bought it abroad.
The man listened with disinterest and asked me who had damaged the AVR and whether I had bought it from ProFX. This after I had already told him it was damaged in shipping and I had bought it abroad!
Then the gent tried to brush me off by making various excuses like the model was no longer being stocked and I hadn't purchased the set from ProFX.
This is truly absurd behaviour, especially as the firm tends to portray itself as an authorised dealer for Denon.
The only silver lining - got through to the Delhi dealer later and he promised to get me a replacement front panel for the AVR. Now keeping fingers crossed and hoping the AVR gets fixed.

profx folks are known for rude/ dis intrested behaviour though other dealers have given amazing experience to rest for the FM's...

welcome back.. check with FM's in delhi am sure you'd have a lot of places to get it fixed rather than going back to profx..

hi recently bought KEF Q300 from profx chennai , it was good experience . sales rep politely answered every call i made(10 calls atleast), and even after sales was good , when i asked a doubt , their technical staff provided me answers.

Hi Senthil,
Am glad you had a wonderful experience. IMHO, sales guy being polite when he has a deal to close is no big deal.
When the sales guys/representatives of a firm are polite and take extra care of a customer even when they have no Deal to close - that's what separates an ordinary firm from a great firm.
Regards

I have had good experience with Profx Mumbai albeit a few years back when I was looking for a stereo setup. They came across as very professional and helpful even though there was no surety of a deal.

Writing directly to Denon by email, mentioning the experience, with cc to ProFx, might work. This is best left as a last resort, though.

I've got exceptional results in the past (with others, not ProFx) by doing this.

Due to the current state of electronic devices with limited serviceablity, electronic service these days is just replacement, Most service centres just do replacements within warranty period, and Not much else afterwards. It's rather expensive, and they do it only because they have to.

If they had a choice, they wouldn't - and that's what they are doing in your case

Some tales do have a silver lining. After my horrid experience with the person at ProFX Bangalore, I got in touch with the ProFX repair centre in Delhi.
And what a difference it was. Mr V S Negi, the person in charge, promptly said he would look into my problem. Within hours, Mr Binoy, the repair guy called and said they had sourced a spare front panel and cabinet for the AVR-1909 from Bangalore (whereas the other guy had told me there were no spares).
To top it all, I was charged only for the spare parts and there was no charge for the repairs (this I am guessing was because the parts were sourced from a demo model).
Everything handled with a lot of smiles and polite behaviour. Tip of the hat to Mr Negi and Mr Binoy, two great persons to deal with.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back