Performance of Phono?Please rate

Saket

Hi FM,

I got a list of 3 phonostages:-

1. cosmic CO-60
2. sony TA AX 44
3. technics SU 8022

How are these phonostages & what should be the price for these?

Hi FM,

I got a list of 3 phonostages:-

1. cosmic CO-60
2. sony TA AX 44
3. technics SU 8022

How are these phonostages & what should be the price for these?

They all are integrated amp with Phono input.You will get a decent performance with any of them.I am having Technics SU8022 and its good,can't comment on prices.

Regards,
Sachin

They all are integrated amp with Phono input.You will get a decent performance with any of them.I am having Technics SU8022 and its good,can't comment on prices.

Regards,
Sachin
Seller asks :

2.5k for cosmic
5K for sony
7K for Technics

Is it fair price?

Also, is there any home theatre in market under 20K which has a phono input?

Seller asks :

2.5k for cosmic
5K for sony
7K for Technics

Is it fair price?

The 3 you have mentioned have average to below average phono stages. If you are bent on having an integrated amp with built in phono stage for a start, then NAD is the way to go. I can swear by NAD, through experience. Technics/Sony/Cosmic phonostages are definitely not as good as NAD. The best phonostage I've heard on NAD is in the preamp which I own, the NAD 106. This is followed by the NAD 3020 integrated amp's phonostage.

Last edited:
No, I am not in any way averse to standalone phono. I can always plug it into a good home theater system. I think that way, my set up would be more flexible.
By the way, what's the cost of NAD that you mentioned?
Its just my budget...thinking how much TT+ phono would cost. Looking at a combined exp. of about 15K. stretchable 1-2k. TT as you know, should be a good technics.

NAD amps are available on the market in the range between 5K and 8K (for 3020 and 304) but you have to be lucky as not too many users part with their NAD equipment.

Looks like I will have to put it in classifieds here...but only after I finalize a TT.

Hi saket,

The CNC Phono stage beats any mid priced Phono/ Integrated amps any day.

N.Murali

Sorry for not getting it..but CNC stands for? Is it the same DIY phono that we were discussing above? If yes, I would love to get it, but pre-built.

Thanks Murali.

Sorry for not getting it..but CNC stands for? Is it the same DIY phono that we were discussing above?

CNC stands for Charlotte, North Carolina (USA).This is the same Phono we were discussing.We have some interesting names at Audiokarma like
SSP - Super Simple Preamp
HTMCPS - Hypnotoad's Moving Coil Phonostage
OPS - Omishra's Power Supply

Regards,
Sachin

Thanks for those expansions...I searched on the net...the closest i could associate (though not convinvced) was computerized numeric control...:eek:
Learning all slowly.

Back