Philips 40PFL5059 vs Toshiba 40L2400

Snigdhaman

Hey guys... Need some help.

I'm on the hunt for a 40" LED TV to go with my PS4 and PS3... So far, I have shortlisted these 2 models :-

Philips 40PFL5059/7 101.6 cm (40) Full HD LED

Toshiba 40L2400 101.6 cm (40) Full HD LED

Please tell me which of these 2 will be better? I have a budget of around 30k. I would have liked a Sony, Samsung or LG TV, but my budget is restrictive. Also I'm not keen on a Micromax or Vu TV.

Do you have any other suggestions apart from these 2 TVs?? Picture quality, Refresh rate and reliability are my main focus points.

Any help will be appreciated.

I sold my philips 40PFL5059 two months back, though it has 240Hz refresh rate I will recommend going for Toshiba as PQ is slightly better in Toshiba & also is high on features compared to philips.
Though I used the philips TV for 6 months I was not quite satisfied with it; it lacked basic features such as 1:1 pixel mapping, disable refresh rate..

Thank you guys for your replies...
As stated in another thread, I have already purchased the philips one. So far loving it. Calibrated the set according to AVS HD 709 settings. PQ is simply breathtaking with inky blacks.

@chetan969 - 1:1 pixel mapping isn't present at the basic menu settings. However overscan settings are present in the service menu. Also I don't mind the refresh rate...Also works better for gaming :p

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back