philips 4750, philips 3569 & philips 3568

Arun Prasad

i found very less diff. between these three as per their web site.

philips 4750 price 25990/- with frequency response 30 - 20000 HZ

philips 3569 & philips 3568 has same rate 22990/- with frequency response 180 - 14000 HZ but 3568 has wireless rear speakers..

as philips 4750 is obsolete.. which one is best 3569 or 3568

philips 3569 & philips 3568 has same rate 22990/- with frequency response 180 - 14000 HZ but 3568 has wireless rear speakers..

Not much perceptible difference. Go with the cheaper one available.

4750 is not obsolete. Its still available and is still the best VFM model. Blindfolded pick the 4750 it will give you better all round experience than 3569 or 68.

The centre speaker is really good in 4750 and also wireless technology of 35 series have few disturbance in home environment. pls avoid wireless setup.

Dont fall for the sales guy saying "Sorry sir philips has discontinued that model sire crap" They push newer models thats all.

In Philips Arena its available for 22k so you can haggle more with a regular dealer.

4750 is not obsolete. Its still available and is still the best VFM model. Blindfolded pick the 4750 it will give you better all round experience than 3569 or 68.

The centre speaker is really good in 4750 and also wireless technology of 35 series have few disturbance in home environment. pls avoid wireless setup.

Dont fall for the sales guy saying "Sorry sir philips has discontinued that model sire crap" They push newer models thats all.

In Philips Arena its available for 22k so you can haggle more with a regular dealer.

hey well waiting for ur reply only. i want to connect my PC and TV to my HT. is it possible with 4750? and am i need any extra sound card for my system to connect with 4750.. what are the extra cables i need to connect it with my PC and TV. at same time.

thks

and one more thing 4750 has upscaling 1080i and the other two has upscaling 1080P. whts the difference between this i & P

and one more thing 4750 has upscaling 1080i and the other two has upscaling 1080P. whts the difference between this i & P

1. Connecting to your PC is possible provided you have a sound card that a Digital (Optical/Coaxial) out. If it does you connect you PC Digital Out to Philips Digital In and you can enjoy the sound.

2. what TV do you have?If its lCD/Plasma then you can connect it via HDMI cable else you can connec using component cable

3. 1080p vs 1080i: Let me put it simple without getting technical. 1080p is better than 1080i and pictures are supposed to be smoother. 1080 means 1080 rows of pixels (your TV screen will have 1080 rows of pixel)

1080i:
The 1080 row of pixels are divided into two 540 rows of pixel, from top to bottom. See this image:
logo-interlaced.gif

The blue lines are even 540 rows of pixels
The black lines are the odd 540 rows of pixels

In 1080i, the odd and even rows are displayed alternatively every 30th of a second (whew)

1080p:
In 1080p, all 1080 rows of pixels are displayed at the same time.

So technically 1080p is better. But you see practically, it is difficult to spot the difference at 30th of a second by a human eye. So you wont find significant difference between 1080i and 1080p.

But on my PV8 i did not see any difference between a 1080i and 1080p bcos my PV8 supports only 720p. So if your TV supports 1080p then there might be a difference, but it aint significant this would be seen little when u see fast scenes.

hope it helps

Hello,

Today I took a demo of Philips 4750 at Ezone (Sigma Mall, Bangalore).
I was really impressed. (Thanks to MBR for having such high regards for this system and advocating potential HTIB owners to give it an audition, else I would have given it a miss).

Best part is that this Ezone outlet are offering it at 20K.

MBR, as you have mentioned above, the Center speaker is truly amazing. It was throwing a lot of punch while watching Terminator 2. Music also sounded real good as I could sense the clarity on the highs.

Then I asked him to play the same things on Onkyo 3100. Onkyo did well on the lows (good bass), but I did miss the clarity on the highs and the mids which was also evident when some music was also played.

But let me admit that earlier I had auditioned the Onkyo 5100 at the Onkyo outlet (again at Sigma mall), and it was on a different league altogether. They played the standard demo DVD of Hero/Kill Bill etc. I could feel the ground shaking below me literally for many of the action packed sequences. Music too sounded very good. I did not want to get up and come from the room. But so was its price too. He was ready to come down to 38K last. :sad:

Given that my Budget is around 20K, I guess I had to short list the systems in that range.

I have not finalized the deal yet as I would like to stick to another advice which is advocated much in this forum, which is to carry my Movies and Music and give them a audition on these system.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello,

I was really impressed. (Thanks to MBR for having such high regards for this system and advocating potential HTIB owners to give it an audition, else I would have given it a miss).

MBR, as you have mentioned above, the Center speaker is truly amazing. It was throwing a lot of punch while watching Terminator 2. Music also sounded real good as I could sense the clarity on the highs.

Then I asked him to play the same things on Onkyo 3100. Onkyo did well on the lows (good bass), but I did miss the clarity on the highs and the mids which was also evident when some music was also played.

But let me admit that earlier I had auditioned the Onkyo 5100 at the Onkyo outlet (again at Sigma mall), and it was on a different league altogether. They played the standard demo DVD of Hero/Kill Bill etc. I could feel the ground shaking below me literally for many of the action packed sequences. Music too sounded very good. I did not want to get up and come from the room. But so was its price too. He was ready to come down to 38K last. :sad:

Given that my Budget is around 20K, I guess I had to short list the systems in that range.

I have not finalized the deal yet as I would like to stick to another advice which is advocated much in this forum, which is to carry my Movies and Music and give them a audition on these system.

Cheers.

I am glad you liked it. Trust me, when I watch Kill Bill at home, everything shakes and Iron Man movie just comes alive. Once you set the system at home and tweak the settings the bass is amazing.

4750 has an amazing active sub which gives not boomy but very tight bass. For 20k its an amazing deal.

Once you set the system at home and tweak the settings the bass is amazing.

4750 has an amazing active sub which gives not boomy but very tight bass. For 20k its an amazing deal.

Hi Ram,

Can you please share your settings/system tweaks on 4750? Just want to play a little bit more with my settings :D

I've one also and enjoying every bit of it:)

Enjoy!
Sid

Hello Ram,

While auditioning the system the sales guy told me that it has an MP3 direct port (it looked like a headphone jack) and mentioned that I could also play from an IPOD when I enquired about it.

Is this thru? Have you tried it?

Thanks

Hi Ram,

Can you please share your settings/system tweaks on 4750? Just want to play a little bit more with my settings :D

I've one also and enjoying every bit of it:)

Enjoy!
Sid

Sid,
I have few challenges in my speaker placement as I had weird setup. So i tune the speaker sound levels using a THX DVD.

You can actaully do it on your own, dont need any THX. Go to the audio setup and speakers. Now, hear each speaker individually. Now experts say you should tune your system sitting at sweet spot or center.

I have a different view, you dont sit at sweet spot, so rather sit at a position where you would sit and watch your movies. Hear each speaker individually and adjust the volume in such a way that you have a balanced sound stage.

For example, in my configuration, the right surrond has a +4 bcos its really far away. This should help you to start with. Try it and post you experience.

Here is a link from THX:
THX Home Theater Setup Guide

Hello Ram,

While auditioning the system the sales guy told me that it has an MP3 direct port (it looked like a headphone jack) and mentioned that I could also play from an IPOD when I enquired about it.

Is this thru? Have you tried it?

Thanks

Yes. Philips has a processing specifically for MP3. What it has is a Aux-In. So its not just ipod you can connect any mp3 player via Aux-in. Philips enhances the sound and plays it which makes mp3 bearable :)

Hi,

My HTS4750 has a peculair problem and even the Philips Service ececutive is not able to fix the Issue. The problem is the voice or the vocal is not audible at all when you set the Surround Sound Mode to "Multitech\Doubly". When changed to Stero the back speakers doestn't work because that's the way its designed to work.

If anyone had come across some problem like this and had it resolved by some means, Please let me know.

Thanks.

5100 at 38k - the dealer i think wants to take u for a ride. I got my 5205 at 31k.

Hello,

Cheers.

Hi,
I think the price difference is ok, since 5100 specs are much higher than 5205. (BTW don't let the smaller model no. of 5100 make you believe that it is lesser than 5205... thats not the case)

chk the details of specs of both models below:
5100 >> ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND - INDIA
5205 >> ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA

Regds

5100 at 38k - the dealer i think wants to take u for a ride. I got my 5205 at 31k.

My bad!!! i actually thought it was the earlier version of 5205!!!because when i went through the website there was no model like this!!

Hi,
I think the price difference is ok, since 5100 specs are much higher than 5205. (BTW don't let the smaller model no. of 5100 make you believe that it is lesser than 5205... thats not the case)

chk the details of specs of both models below:
5100 >> ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND - INDIA
5205 >> ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA

Regds

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back