Philips full hd

madhankumar2000

Hi,
I am planning to buy a Full HDTV ,My budget is 50K to 60k.I went to Reliance digital, saw lots of Brands and models among all other HDTV's I was impressed on one of the Philips model Philips 42pfl 7482 on both price wise and picture quality vice. But i am not sure of my choice.Is this a good model .Can i go for it.I need your suggestion on it.If their is any other brand please suggest me.I like to buy a 42 inch FULL HDTV.

madhan nice to hear that you want to buy a Full HDTV and you have emphasized that a lot ,

What will be the TV primarily used for watching -

1. Cable TV
2. DTH
3. DVD movies
4. Blue ray and HD stuff

as most of the content in India is SD and there is hardly any HD content,

So even if you buy full HD, picture quality will be better in HD ready TV as it will depend on the type of media content you are watching

madhankumar2000, I have the 47 " model of the same you have mentioned. I feel it is VFM if you go with Philips. I am more than happy with this. You could also consider other brands as well as the prices have come down a bit.

Yes, Dushie is right. I think we could expect HD broadcast and BluRay would be prevalent in India at least three years down the lane.

If you do go for philips pl check the after sales service as from my friends exp they've always found it wanting.

Hi,
Thank you all buddies,
Dushie ,
I am planing for future also, i don't want to invest on other monitors that don't have Full HD,Slowly i am planning to go for Blueray or HD movies from torrents, but currently i am planning to use to watch DVD movies and TATA sky cable connection.:)

madhankumar2000, I have the 47 " model of the same you have mentioned. I feel it is VFM if you go with Philips. I am more than happy with this. You could also consider other brands as well as the prices have come down a bit.

Yes, Dushie is right. I think we could expect HD broadcast and BluRay would be prevalent in India at least three years down the lane.

Hi , what price did you paid for 47' model.Tell me the model number, so let me check the price in Hyderabad.

Hi Madhan,

I also went to Reliance digital at Gurgaon and saw the philips tv and I was very much impressed with the price and full HD capability. Even after adding couple of thousands I get only 37 inch samsung lcd without full hd feature. But I can notice with my naked eyes that picture quality of samsung 4 series is better than philips this model. Also philips's response time is 8 ms and samsung's is either 5 or 6 ms.

I want to use it with tata sky connection and for watching dvds. As you have the lcd at your home, so you are the better person to give your feedback.

Thanks,
Navin

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back