Philips Hi-Q International Turntable

nitin_1

Hi,

Greetings from Delhi.

I have a Philips Hi-Q International Turntable which is not in use from the last 3-4 years. Lately i was thinking about it, and when i tried to turn it on it didn't resulted in any success.

My DVD player is also not working, but thats ok I can buy a new one, but i am not gonna buy any additional speakers as i love my High-Q speakers and want to connect them with the new DVD player. Earlier, i had my turntable in a working condition so i knew my speakers are ok. But now the record is spining but i am not getting any output on speakers so i am not sure whether they are working or not. So just to check them i was thinking if i can convert them via some connector to 3.5mm jack?

Please advise.

How do you plan on amplifying the sound from the said DVD player?
AYlgpr

Dear

I understand the problem you are facing. but first you need to know two things and make your mind. Fisrt, You cannot amplify pickup signal by your dvd player it need phono pre amp and then power amplifer. So forget about doing it by dvd player. secondly, if you buy an amplifier from market which are having input jack for aux or line level, still you can't listen properly the LP's as it is not having Phono pre amp section for cartridges. So now you have two options either to repair the HI Q internation. So that you can play it like before or need to have a Phono ceramic Pre Amp. Now its up to you.

Thanks

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back