philips universal remote help

srikarkav

Hi guys,

Bought a philips sru 5150 universal remote. It works with my TV, STB, & DVD player. But i bought it mainly to operate my Onkyo 3100 AVR along with these devices.But its not working with the AVR.:mad: And the volume control works for Tv only which is of no help to me as the sound comes thro the AVR. I am now stuck with this remote. Can any one give me a solution please?
sri

Last edited:
How are you setting up devices? Are you getting LIST END while setting AVR? You are choosing Amplifier or HTS?

Then maybe it should learn from original remote control.
Have you tried Xtra method?

It has self learning mode. Use the Onkyo AVR remote and transfer desired functions to the Philips remote.

Hi ,

yes i tried the xtra method.But i think it can be used for extra functions only isnt it? But the remote has to be first set for HTS , right? Please guide me properly if i am wrong.
sri

1. Make sure you have the original remote control at hand.

2. Use SELECT to select the desired device. E.g. HTS

3. Place both remote controls on a flat surface (like a coffee table) and aim them head-to-head with about 5 - 10 cm in between.

4. Keep LEARN and the key you wish to learn on the SRU 5150 pressed simultaneously for 3 seconds, until LEARN lights up, together with LEARNING'

5. Press the key you wish to copy on the original remote control.
- o))) lights up. The remote control is now learning the function.
When the remote control has learned the function, the display shows LEARN OK to confirm that the signal is stored.

:rolleyes:

Yes it is working now for my AVR and sound for STB too:). Thanks a million reju. most of u guys here are real life savers:yahoo: I thought my 2000 bucks has gone down the drain. when i contacted Phlips they said someone will call me tomorrow:rolleyes: but i got the solution here in minutes. that is the power of our wonderful forum.

thanks,
sri

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back