Phillips HX558A

hifive

Hello everyone,

My first post here, though I come here every now and then to read and learn. So let me start by thanking you all. Thank you :)

Moving on to my query. I've an antique Phillips HX558A. I didn't find anything about this model on this forum. So, please let me know if any of you are familiar with this model. Also, if you can tell me what it could be worth, that would be great too.

Here is a pic:

philips13.jpg

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Radio seems to be in a fantastic condition! Is it an actual picture of your radio?

Is it in use? How does it perform?

....if you can tell me what it could be worth, that would be great too.

Not sure what its worth but, there are plenty of unrealistic people and expectations around vintage stuff.. :lol:

Last edited:
Hi Hifive,

Welcome to the forum. Its great to know that you have a vintage Philips radio.

You could do a search on google for Philips HX558A. That's what I did for my Philips BX998A, apart from consulting our fellow member, Mr Pandu Rajan, who is an expert on the restoration of Philips radios.

All the best and happy listening.

Thank you for replying.

While this is not the pic of the I've, the condition, at least on the outside, is almost same.

Unfortunately, the turn table is missing a few parts, but the radio does come on. I'm rather unfamiliar with these. Anyway, thank you for pointing me to Mr. Pandu. I did come across his name elsewhere. Will make sure to ping him.

Dear Hifi
At present I am in London and I will return to Bangalore on the 25th of September. Then you can contact me on phone 9342948692.

Regards

Pandu rajan

Dear Hifi

I have returned to Bangalore from London. If you want to contact me you can call me at this no- 9342948692.

Regards

P.Rajan

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back