Phono Input Problem with my Technics SU-V505 Amplifier

Sethi

When I connect my turntable to the phono input with earth connected .... there is no sound and then some static noise and thesound gradually comes on then very clear audio and then no sound. This goes on in a cycle.... static.... slowly clear sound and then no sound....

Nop problem with the AUX/CD input

Last edited:
Have you wired the same TT to another amp and checked, alternately are all the other inputs functioning properly on this same Technics amp?

Also what cartridge are you using and what is the usage/working history associated with it?

I have encountered a similar issue, twice in the past, in one instance the cartridge was faulty and in the second, I had To change a few capacitors in the phonostage of the amp. The first instance was with a Shure M97xe cartridge and the second instance was with a NAD 304 amp

Last edited:
Have you wired the same TT to another amp and checked, alternately are all the other inputs functioning properly on this same Technics amp?

Also what cartridge are you using and what is the usage/working history associated with it?

I have encountered a similar issue, twice in the past, in one instance the cartridge was faulty and in the second, I had To change a few capacitors in the phonostage of the amp. The first instance was with a Shure M97xe cartridge and the second instance was with a NAD 304 amp
Yes have used a NAD phono preamp and connected it to my Pioneer receiver

Cartridge is Shure M44-7

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back