Phono Preamp

Even opamp based phono preamp may be an addition sonically.

Depends upon what kinnda phono stage is in the amp.

Even the CNC phono of our FM sachin is usually a huge step up from common integrated phono stages.

It does make the difference. CNC is very high end and can be compared with many expensive phonostage available. The opamps are much better now a days. The implementation matters the most.

Regards
Sachin

Is an additional Preamp makes any difference, when there is a dedicated preamp installed in the amplifier? Pl make me clear.
You can connect separate Phono preamp to your amplifier Aux input.

A dedicated Phono preamplifier has advantage of a well thought, well designed circuit, separate power supply, good components. In mass market integrated amplifier we can not guarantee such advantages unless you spend some good money.

CNC phono is very high quality phono preamplifier designed by audio enthusiasts. Highly recommended.

Regards

@Hiten & Sachin, How can we source the CNC phono and whats the approx cost?
Saket,
kit instructions are very easy to follow with all values marked. I have also bought power supply for CNC phono preamp. And probably would have option to switch between battery supply and regulated power supply.
regards

Is an additional Preamp makes any difference, when there is a dedicated preamp installed in the amplifier? Pl make me clear.
Hello,
An external good phono stage will definitely make a difference, because the built in phono peramps are compromised, I am using Anthem i225 with a built in phono stage, but I use a Lehmann audio black cube & the difference is quantum leap, you will immediately make out the difference.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back