pioneer 610 in chennai

manofernando

hi friends,
im looking for pioneer 610 player in chennai, but most of the shops dont have this model in stock. i tried couple of shops in rechi st too and one shop in kodambakam quoting 8500 for the player. what the pricing of the player now.

thank u
mano fernando

Mano, the 610 is old.

It has been replaced by 420, and the 220. Actually Pioneer is now selling only the 420 and the 220. Other than the capacity to play SACD and DVD-A, the 610 does not offer any great advantage over these new models. If you are not interested in SACD and DVD-A, you will be better off buying one of these new models. Both offer full upscaling to 1080P as well as support for HDMI 1.3a.

These products are available between 4.5K to 6K.

Cheers

Hi mano,

If you are very particular about the 610 model you can get it at Burma Bazar, chennai for may be 6.5k to 6.8k. But no warranty.

cheers,
sri

I bought a DV-610 from ritchie street 8 months back.
It working fine. Price Rs.6500 with no warranty.
For Shop name and details PM me.

actually i got kenwood avr x9090(without hdmi functions). will pioneer 420 go with it seamlessly. will dvd-a and sacd features of pio610 is added advantage.
and i saw pio420 and 220 in burma bazaar today, is it safe to buy products from there. i mean not the warranty but the whole product itself.

Last edited:
actually i got kenwood avr x9090(without hdmi functions). will pioneer 420 go with it seamlessly.

Yes, both models have composite and component connections that can be used.

will dvd-a and sacd features of pio610 is added advantage.

This depends upon you. Are you interested in these formats? Do you have any CD/DVD with these formats? Do you listen to music in such formats? If yes, you have to worry about it. Otherwise, it makes no difference.

and i saw pio420 and 220 in burma bazaar today, is it safe to buy products from there. i mean not the warranty but the whole product itself.

This is again very subjective. I have never been very comfortable with buying anything expensive in Burma Bazar. Even with cheap things, I have always been cheated and come back feeling bad. At the same time there are lots of people who buy regularly from there.

At least the 220 is available legally with warranty and support.

Cheers

If you use a digital connection to transfer the data, yes.

Cheers
Vnkatji, why dvd players run hot even we play audio cd. The

disc is warmer than played in audio cdp. Is it good to getting much warmer

to the audio cd's life? will be the same case in expensive, high end (like

Oppo) players?

Regards,

sunder.

Warmth is generally bcos of powersupply heat.DVDp are compact mostly without heatsink,so the heat.

Vnkatji, why dvd players run hot even we play audio cd. The disc is warmer than played in audio cdp. Is it good to getting much warmer to the audio cd's life? will be the same case in expensive, high end (like Oppo) players?

You have Geyser at home, right? In that electricity is passed through a coil and the coil heats up. It is the same principle for electronics units. All electronics units will get hot as you are passing electrical current through a lot of circuity. CD and DVD players will generate a tiny bit of more heat as there is a laser beam involved. And yes, even the Oppo heats up the media as well as itself.

A CD/DVD's life is not affected at all by the amount of heat generated inside the player. It is more dangerous to keep a CD/DVD in open sunlight as the media could bend.

Always give the player and amplifiers some rest after four or five hours of work. During usage make sure the units have good ventilation. If the room is not air conditioned, set up small exhaust fan that will blow air around the units. There have been a number of threads that have discussed this. Some members have installed fans that are used inside PCs on the racks.

Other than that there is nothing to worry about.

Cheers

Last edited:
You have Geyser at home, right? In that electricity is passed through a coil and the coil heats up. It is the same principle for electronics units. All electronics units will get hot as you are passing electrical current through a lot of circuity. CD and DVD players will generate a tiny bit of more heat as there is a laser beam involved. And yes, even the Oppo heats up the media as well as itself.

A CD/DVD's life is not affected at all by the amount of heat generated inside the player. It is more dangerous to keep a CD/DVD in open sunlight as the media could bend.

Always give the player and amplifiers some rest after four or five hours of work. During usage make sure the units have good ventilation. If the room is not air conditioned, set up small exhaust fan that will blow air around the units. There have been a number of threads that have discussed this. Some members have installed fans that are used inside PCs on the racks.

Other than that there is nothing to worry about.

Cheers
Thank you Venkatji and Spiro. I underatand the generation

of the heat. The clarification which I need is ; Generally DVD laser is emitting

more heat when we play DVD, ok. Will there be the same emission when we

play an audio cd disc in the same DVD player? Please clarify.

Generally DVD laser is emitting more heat when we play DVD, ok. Will there be the same emission when we play an audio cd disc in the same DVD player? Please clarify.

I don't understand your question, but the player has a single laser gun. Whether you are playing a DVD or a CD, it uses the same gun. If you are talking about tracks per inch, yes a CD has less number of tracks. But I don't envisage this making any difference. If at all there is a difference, it will be in a few tenths of a degree.

Cheers

I don't understand your question, but the player has a single laser gun. Whether you are playing a DVD or a CD, it uses the same gun. If you are talking about tracks per inch, yes a CD has less number of tracks. But I don't envisage this making any difference. If at all there is a difference, it will be in a few tenths of a degree.

Cheers
Dear Sir, I think, as you said, I couldnt ask as smart as technically,am sorry.

The question is, When DVD plays, has 'the laser pick up' to work with full

efficiency as to read the track of video?,so that it becomes much warmer?

And in a CD player, laser's less effort is enough?to read the audio track.

So that a CDP runs cooler than a DVDP? But in my experience in a DVDP,

both DVD & CD get much warmer than CDP. Again am sorry if the way of

asking question is wrong. Thanks Vekatji.

Can we make this Pioneer 220,420 or 610 region free? Is anybody did?

If you are buying a Pioneer from India, ME, or SE Asia, specifically ask for a region free version. Pioneer sells region free versions even if they mark the player with a region code. Or else look to PioneerFAQ for details.

Cheers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back