Pioneer 831 + Wharfedale 220

Status
Not open for further replies.

guessmewho

Hi All,

Room
I have a Home Theatre room with Optoma HD142X and a motorized screen. Room size is 16 x 10 feet. I was looking to setup AV receiver and speakers (currently it is running on a real old Philips HTiB) for a budget of about 60-70k.

Components and Usage
My usage would be 80% movies and 20% music (may be lesser too). I don't have a Blu Ray player currently but planning to get one soon. For now the sources are Tata Sky, Chromecast and movie files from Raspberry Pi.

Plan
After scouring over this site for almost everyday this is what I thought to be a good combination for my budget

• Pair of Wharfedale Diamond 220
  • Wharfedale 220C Centre
  • Pioneer VSX 831 AV Receiver
  • Later: Wharfedale surround and subwoofer

I am starting the audition part starting today and am planning to buy these on HiFiMart once I am convinced of the audition.

Queries
  • Let me know if there are any suggestions or if there is any known problems with the above components/combination.
  • I have run a 16 AWG cable for the speakers. What more would I require for installation - banana plugs?
  • I have a 1KVA UPS for Projector. Any protection required for AV receiver?
Thanks to all you guys, this has been a very long and pleasurable activity :clapping:

Last edited:
Update: Visited the DNI store yesterday and found that Pioneer India has stopped shipping units for about 6 months now since they were acquired by Onkyo. So no Pioneer demo possible from them. Trying to add the Pioneer BDP 180 to the buy list. I have to decide this fast, any suggestions are welcome.

Update: Bought the package from HiFiMart itself as HTStore in Bangalore also does not have any demo. This thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back