Pioneer..AVR. ..shuts down....

Ballmike

I am Mike
From Hyderabad..
A musician and a music teacher by profession.
Love listening to songs on my pioneer home theatre AVR VSX-RS320
I am a movie buff and GoT fan...
I connect my Pioneer to my Win PC through a Fiio USB DAC. >SPDIF

My pioneer is at least 6 years old
Pioneer HTP RS 33
Pioneer VSX RS 320 AVR

My issue is that my AVR keeps shutting off..I have taken it to The authorised service centre. He has changed the regulator twice and also recovered it from protection mode 4 or 5 times.
The ASC says that there is current flowing back to the AVR which is the reason, the regulator got burnt twice.

To minimise the current flow I bought the Fiio USB DAC and connected the AVR through SPDIF (earlier I was connecting it through 3.5 mm jack), but still the problem persists..

Solutions tried
1. I use a surge protector for power source, and now I have changed it to a voltage stabiliser.
2. Checked the wall power socket wiring for possible wire damage or earthing issue...but everything was perfect
3. Changed all the speaker cables to newly bought amazon basics 14 AWG speaker wire.

Kindly suggest / help with this.
I have a soft spot for Pioneer as I bought this with my first salary.

Thanks

Last edited:
Technician just replaced regulators.He needs to see why they are blowing.Regulators may have some protecting diodes around.If they are not functioning or even a resistor in circuit,extra current may blow regulators.

Technician just replaced regulators.He needs to see why they are blowing.Regulators may have some protecting diodes around.If they are not functioning or even a resistor in circuit,extra current may blow regulators.
Do you know of any good technician in Hyderabad, so that I can get it checked once..phone number can be helpful.
Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back