Pioneer AVR VSX-924 issue with restart

Jinu

Hi Folks

I have a Pioneer AVR VSX-924. I am facing a wierd problem the AVR randomly keeps restarting. I searched the web and found that this could be related to the TV sending DC signals to the AVR and the AVR's protective circuit kicking in. This seems to be true, because whenever this problem starts i can solve it by switching of the TV waiting a few seconds and restarting the TV. The TV is Vu 55K160GAU 55 Inch TV

Now the options on the NET suggest disabling HDMI control. I have tried this on the AVR, but problem still exists. The TV does not have any such option.

Any ideas how to solve this issue

Try connecting in 2nd HDMI in port of TV if it is not ARC. 2nd HDMI normally won't have ARC functionality.IMO

Disconnect everything and start the AVR.....see if the same issue...it could also be speaker wires (positive and negative) possibly touching each other somewhere or on the AVR bare body panel.....

Then connect each component and cables one by one ...it is painful to off and on this way but this is the safest way to troubleshoot.

You can also post this challenge or issue on the Pioneer AVR owners thread.....existing owners might provide a quick work around

I dont think its the speaker. I have identified the issue to the TV, because if i switch off the tv the problem resolved.

I dont think its the speaker. I have identified the issue to the TV, because if i switch off the tv the problem resolved.

Can you try changing the power plug point of the tv and checking. Also are your cable tv/Gamessystem/Chromecast/Etc etc connected to your tv directly or to the amplifier

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back