Pioneer AVRs?

Hello all,

I'm considering to buy a Pioneer AVR (VSX 534)
And, I was wondering why there aren't many reviews or talk on Pioneer AVRs in the forum. Most of the members speak of Marantz or Denon or Yamaha.

Is there something about the Pioneer AVRs that I'm missing?
This will be the first AVR purchase and would like to understand various perspectives. Please help a newbie.

Thank you.
I bought Pioneer 823 few years back along with my Dali Zensor 5. It was the cheapest with most features in the price range and I'm perfectly content with it. I am no audio expert so couldn't really distinguish among all the different AVRs I tested even at different price range (SQ pov). AVR tech as per my research so far gets outdated very quickly so it can always be upgraded later after sometime once you are really sure what you enjoy and what is the best combination for you. IMO it's better to get the best speakers you can and a good enough receiver with enough power to drive your speakers to begin with (Unless you have deep pockets).

Last edited:
I have had a few Pioneer AVRs (5xx, 8xx, 11xx) in past and I can share my experience with Pioneer AVRs.
Build quality was good for 8xx & 11xx model and large display was helpful.
I have found all of them a bit bright in a way that treble was slightly elevated, it could very well be because of room lacking any room treatment what so ever, I did not find them bright during audition. It was kind of helpful for movies but not really suitable for music causing listening fatigue. I could tame down highs on models which had custom EQ (I think 8xx & 11xx) which kind of resolved the issue and I could adjust as per my needs.
I used Elac, Dali & Wharfedale with Pioneer and found Wharfedale best suited among those three.

Reason why I chose those were because of easy repair options available in Delhi, and bunch of features at low price.
Could you guide to some reliable repair centre . Have a VSX-323 and a VSX-531. VSX-323 with sound coming and then distorting and fade out. Vsx-531 with permanent red HDMI light

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back