Pioneer HTZ 333 DVD universal

iyersn

I have the Pioneer HTZ333DVD home theatre.
In this I am unable to play certain DVDs e.g. with Region code 5 (PAL) I am unable to play wheras I am able to play with Region Code 2 (PAL). How to overcome this? I am also unable to play other formats/

a) Can this be made universal - is there a unlock code available somewhere?
b) Alternatively, can anyone suggest a good DVD player- consider the fact that I would be going in for a Denon 2310 AVR and add speakers gradually?
c) Would Pioneer 610 be a good bet? I dont want to go in for a Blu ray player as I feel it will still take a couple of years to get affordable blu ray discs in India.

PS: I was able to unlock my Samsung DVD player to make it universal, but not able to get the code for this Pioneer.

Thanks in advance
Shanks;)

Hi,
Thank you for your promt response.
I yet have the following problem:
In my remote (XXD3093) which came alongwith the DVD, when I press the setup it goes on to check the speaker settings, the setup comes under 'Auto Setup MCACC' in the remote and inspite of pressing the arrow keys, am not able to do anything.
Could you help out on this also?
I shall be checking the instructions manual which is not readily available with me - shall ty to download the same.:eek:

Manual can tell you better.In philips Htib,one cannot adjust spk setup if DVD is inside.Try that too.:)

Manual can tell you better.In philips Htib,one cannot adjust spk setup if DVD is inside.Try that too.:)

I have tried without the dvd - no change. I am unable to locate the user manual from the internet - all happen to be paid sites.
I am now thinking of getting the Onkyo DV SP 504. I understand that the sound quality is also good and it plays all fomats. What do you think of it?
I dont want to go for Oppo as it will take quite some time to get it in India (am not aware of its availability in India).
Also Pioneer DV610 appears to be phased out.
Kindly suggest some good universal DVD player- dont mind stretching my budget if the features are good.:sad:

Well for music & close to Oppo is CA DV99.Features are similar & available in India.(around 14K?)

Thanks a lot. That fixes it.
You also mentioned Alliance4 in an earlier thread as the spot to buy - any plus points they have over the other two dealers.
I just found that they are authorised dealers alongwith 2 other dealers in Mumbai.
I stay in Thane.
:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. That fixes it.
You also mentioned Alliance4 in an earlier thread as the spot to buy - any plus points they have over the other two dealers.
I just found that they are authorised dealers alongwith 2 other dealers in Mumbai.
I stay in Thane.
:eek:

I saw CA has very few dealors in Mumbai & Alliance are one of them.
I purchased Tannoy F1 from them even ,they were not distributors.They took initiation & did needful to me & gave possible discount without I asked.
I was given price as Rs.16k by Delhi main distributor & price I paid to Alliance was just around 14500.That meens ,if I ordered myself online,I wld not have got concession.
Still check prices with others too.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back